My Galaxy S4 screen just turned green! (Video)

anarkyx

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
i'm still having the problem with the green screen so i try to wipe the cache using the cwm (i install the cwm on the first day with the phone) if i don't calculate wrong it should be 3 times volume down then power button 7 times volume down and another hit to the power button that should wipe the cache, but for some reason i can't enter in the recovery. i press volume up + home + power i feel the first small vibration but no a second one after a few seconds like before the screen problem. so i keep the button press for like 20 sec but as soon i touch the power button after the first 3 volume down the phone just boot up in the normal way (i hear the sound when the samsung loco shows up). i hope some one can help me and tell if i'm wrong or something

P.S: sorry for my bad english

tcr420

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
My screen turned green 3 days after I got it and it was new. S4 had other issues also. Text messages would not go or slow sending text. Top part of the screen went blank. Turned itself off.

MyketouchSlide

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I have had my GS3 for just over a year now and yesterday it was perfectly fine, then out of no where the screen turned green, then over the course of a few hours it went to blue then purple and then large black spots and then the whole screen went black, the back light doesn't even come on now. I haven't had a single issue with this phone at all for the past year, and now this happens for absolutely NO reason. I am sure it's too old to get any help from AT&T other then to use the replacement insurance and pay $200, but I don't want to have to pay $200 to get a refurbished unite of last years model. #frustrating

lauraannxx14

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I had a green screen aswell, Took it back to Samsung and they had suppose to have fixed it. Waited 3 weeks and then I finally recived my Samsung back, working. Then after 2 weeks it happens again... I am very angry..

CripticalCitic

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Dude i just had this green screen so i was checking it out on google btw but it fell of 2 times, then i checked it out after that when i got a text the middle of it turned green then i wast thinking how and why?,
but this is how i fixed it, i charged it for 10 seconds then i unplugged it then i rebooted it and turned it of and after 10 minutes, i came back then my phone's screen is back..
If your screen is really damaged or what so called this ever, maybe it was damaged by its hardware you should go for the cellphone fixers then have a replacement.. :cool:

M0j011

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi.. the same thing happened to me.. put it in my handbag working perfectly and got it out of my handbag and greenscreen of death! It hadn't been dropped, thrown, stood on.. nothing!! Took it back to my retailer they sent it away to be be fixed and a couple of days later they tell me Samsung has rejected my claim, the screen is broken therefore my warrenty is voided and I have to pay to have it fixed, which of course I can't afford! If I had actually dropped the phone or done anything to it I would have thought "oh well, I gave it a shot but its my fault I'll have to put up with it" but NO I did nothing to damage the phone in any way.. I am extremely careful with my mobile phone always in a case with a screen protector on it.... 10 months left on my contract and NO phone... Buyer beware.. DO NOT BUY Samsung.. I will NEVER EVER EVER buy another Samsung product ever again... sigh... fml :(

Megan Longwill

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. I have suffered a similar fate here in Australia. A colleague put me onto this thread. My Galaxi S4 was issued on a 2 year plan 11/2/14. I suspect my carrier might try to dodge responsibility to replace it and I will use this thread as evidence that it is a known issue with the Galaxi S4. Can anyone tell me if there are other sites where this issue has been identified and discussed? Might need a bit of clout to argue my case. Thanks guys!

Josh Mcintire

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
This is usually a very basic fix, it's really just like a static discharge on a comp. I own and run my own IT and electrical repair business where I do everything. Phones included:) I see this all the time. Easiest fix is to pull your battery out, leave it out for about 30 seconds and wait, then press the power button for 60-75 seconds still leaving the battery out, wait about 5 min, put battery back in and fire it up and enjoy:) If not it can be certain flex cables, your motherboard, ect. Also do it a few times if it does not work the first time, 3-5 times at most should be overkill just to make sure you are discharging the electrictity. If your screen is broken, you will usually be able to see your gui's= Graphical user interface, same as the google symbol on a comp. That is if just your Digitizizer is broke, If your LCD is broken or cracked you will see a black screen if it's badly broken, if cracked you will see a anomoly that looks like spilled ink. Hope this helps:) Feel free to email me. Thanks Josh McIntire, Josh McIntire Networking And Eltronic repairs, LLC. Have a great day guys and more important galls. I know these things can be a hassle, but the good news as of the S4 and above models they have designed them for easy repairs, Mother/Daughterboard, instead of just a MOBO, the screen and all other components are pretty much designed so that if they break they will be a cheap easy fix:) Thanks again, I tend to be a bit of a chatty cathy:)

kyancy

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to my S4 just now. Never dropped, not wet, just using normally and suddenly this. Any solution? This thread went off on 'green lines' on otherwise functioning screen which I would be happy with ATM. A different issue. Thanks! :-$

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer