05-20-2013 02:37 AM
46 12
tools
    Good riddance adobe flash :-)
    Just how I feel.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    why? don't you like the ability to watch movies online or videos that are only accessible on desktop mode? Personally, I prefer my phone to surf and watch movies online than using my laptop.
    05-16-2013 02:24 PM
    Exactly. Bloated, slow used too many resources and a security issue. Same as on desktop. I never notice flash only sites these days that I can't see on my iOS or Android devices.
    the HTC One browser has flash player, and it works really well. The only problem I had with the phone was that I couldn't remove the battery, so I returned it. I like the s4 better for that.
    05-16-2013 02:31 PM
    Google, Apple, Microsoft, and many other companies wanted Flash dead and for good reason.
    But Adobe could have kept going. Desktop Flash still exists. But Adobe pulled the plugged on mobile.
    05-16-2013 02:48 PM
    I find it to be depending on the PC 80% of the time.

I use Firefox for downloading, and Chrome for everyday use though. It seems as if Firefox downloads around 6MB/s for me, as to where Chrome seems to fall far behind.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    You must have a heavy ISP bill to be pulling 6 MB a sec down... :P.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    05-16-2013 03:14 PM
    It may have worked, but it never worked WELL. It was a subpar experience all around, with poor performance. There's a reason adobe killed it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    I'd say it's working VERY Well right now, so speak for yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Jaimeg123prmt likes this.
    05-16-2013 04:10 PM
    You must have a heavy ISP bill to be pulling 6 MB a sec down... :P.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    That'd be over 15 terabytes per month!

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-16-2013 06:23 PM
    I'd say it's working VERY Well right now, so speak for yourself.

Its never worked well on mobile. Ever.

05-16-2013 07:53 PM
    I downloaded flash on my phone using help from a YouTube video. Only a few browsers are compatible, Firefox being one of them, flash works perfectly now with Firefox

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums
    05-17-2013 09:31 PM

And there is no global warming either.

neonworm likes this.
    05-17-2013 11:37 PM
    You obviously don't want to believe it, which is your right. However, there's a reason adobe killed it, and it isn't because it worked well.

05-18-2013 12:07 AM
    Flash debate aside, I recommend that everyone download the Adobe Air app. The functionality of this app will absolutely blow your mind.
    05-18-2013 01:43 AM
    Flash debate aside, I recommend that everyone download the Adobe Air app. The functionality of this app will absolutely blow your mind.
    I never really understood what that app does...

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-18-2013 01:47 AM
    You obviously don't want to believe it, which is your right. However, there's a reason adobe killed it, and it isn't because it worked well.

And you obviously don't care to listen to me, or anyone else for that matter, telling you that in their OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE it is working great. Better than on my laptop. You just keep quoting some Adobe press release and ignoring the numerous real users. I know what Adobe said, you don't need to keep saying it over and over. And I gave you my theory on why it wasn't working well before and why it IS working well now, which another user agreed with. Whatever you say, I'll continue to use and enjoy it. I guess if Adobe issues a press release telling you that chocolate ice cream sucks, you'll ignore your own taste buds and stop eating it, then tell everyone else who likes it that they are wrong.

05-18-2013 01:21 PM
    Let's keep the discussion civil.

Sent from my SGSIII
    05-18-2013 01:25 PM
    Adobe stop supporting the mobile path as part of a long term strategy to provide/control the market when it comes to development tools for HTML 5. Remember that HTML 5 is part of the browser experience, flash was not it was always stand alone plugin. Adobe also has been releasing updates to their flash tools allowing way to convert content to HTML 5.

Remember Adobe's money doesn't come from watching videos in flash but the tools to develop flash. If their tools can export to html 5, nothing is really lost.

Second, about those video websites. Some of the major players have been releasing their own apps for mobile video video. Majority of the TV Networks, Youtube, Vimeo,Hulu, etc have an independent video viewing app. They don't use flash in that regards. As the market moves mobile, Adobe sees the writing on the wall. In a few years those websites you are viewing using flash will be using HTML 5 instead and the best part is, Adobe won't have those security hole headaches to deal with anymore.
    05-18-2013 02:00 PM
    And you obviously don't care to listen to me, or anyone else for that matter, telling you that in their OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE it is working great. Better than on my laptop. You just keep quoting some Adobe press release and ignoring the numerous real users. I know what Adobe said, you don't need to keep saying it over and over. And I gave you my theory on why it wasn't working well before and why it IS working well now, which another user agreed with. Whatever you say, I'll continue to use and enjoy it. I guess if Adobe issues a press release telling you that chocolate ice cream sucks, you'll ignore your own taste buds and stop eating it, then tell everyone else who likes it that they are wrong.

I really don't care what real users say. Your definition of working can be different than mine, or adobe's. Flash was, and is, a resource and battery hog that was never truly optimized for mobile. It was not ever an experience that was worth the tradeoffs, and never worked as well as both adobe and Google claimed it would. It also has numerous security issues that Adobe cannot fix.

As I said before, there is a reason adobe killed it, and it was not because it was working well.

05-18-2013 02:03 PM
    Adobe stop supporting the mobile path as part of a long term strategy to provide/control the market when it comes to development tools for HTML 5. Remember that HTML 5 is part of the browser experience, flash was not it was always stand alone plugin. Adobe also has been releasing updates to their flash tools allowing way to convert content to HTML 5.

Remember Adobe's money doesn't come from watching videos in flash but the tools to develop flash. If their tools can export to html 5, nothing is really lost.

Second, about those video websites. Some of the major players have been releasing their own apps for mobile video video. Majority of the TV Networks, Youtube, Vimeo,Hulu, etc have an independent video viewing app. They don't use flash in that regards. As the market moves mobile, Adobe sees the writing on the wall. In a few years those websites you are viewing using flash will be using HTML 5 instead and the best part is, Adobe won't have those security hole headaches to deal with anymore.
    Android still falls behind though. I still use my wife's iPad for the ABC player, the NBC player, and the FiOS app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    05-18-2013 03:05 PM
    Flash sucks... Html5 ftw
    05-18-2013 04:49 PM

if it never worked, ever, how is it that I am watching a movie on my phone from the web?
    Attached Thumbnails Was it Adobe the one that cut ties with android?-screenshot_2013-05-19-23-47-23.png  
    05-20-2013 01:50 AM
    Thread is long, didn't read it all. If this has been addressed ignore it.
    Flash is gone on Adobe's behalf because ultimately, Apple killed flash. They forced zero use of it on the iPhone which for the longest time was the best selling smartphone with no competition. This meant a lot of people didn't get money when they were fishing for it using flash, simply because it wasn't seen, and slowly support began to go south. If this is any foreshadowing, you have your explanation why it's gone as of today. Plus the lack of flash in a lot of places prevents illegal means of attaining content (One of the VERY GOOD things out of this), which in my conspiratorial mind definitely plays a part.
    05-20-2013 02:19 AM
    if it never worked, ever, how is it that I am watching a movie on my phone from the web?
    Try reading more carefully. It didn't work WELL.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-20-2013 02:37 AM
46 12