Was it Adobe the one that cut ties with android?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's more likely that Google was the one to cut ties with adobe when it comes to flash as a result of rising interest and usage of HTML5 in websites, but if it was really Adobe who severed the ties, the fact that the company still releases archived versions of flash to android devices doesn't help in alleviating the issue, even if adobe announced that 4.0.x devices and up will no longer have support.

Posted via Android Central App

Please pay more attention to the posts that precede yours. That has already been addressed.

Adobe no longer develops flash for mobile. The team that built it is gone. All adobe does is release security updates.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Firefox beta w/ flash. It works perfectly, and Firefox runs circles around Chrome. My wife was a diehard Chrome user. Within 5 minutes of finally getting her to try Firefox she deleted Chrome from her phone, N7 and laptop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Laptop? Chrome is still by far the best PC browser experience IMO...

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Laptop? Chrome is still by gar the best PC browser experience IMO...

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I find it to be depending on the PC 80% of the time.

I use Firefox for downloading, and Chrome for everyday use though. It seems as if Firefox downloads around 6MB/s for me, as to where Chrome seems to fall far behind.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Google, Apple, Microsoft, and many other companies wanted Flash dead and for good reason.

Actually, Google as well as Apple had a lot to do with it by accepting html5 standards instead of flash.

Once the ball was rolling, Adobe saw the handwriting on the wall. They couldn't make a version of flash that would match up with html5's slender memory usage. Security issues were a whole other story as well.

Flash was, and always will be, a resource hog. It could crash a quad core desktop with multiple gigabytes of ram.

Myself for one, say goodbye and good riddance. I can do without flash video. Some people may enjoy it, but not me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Good riddance adobe flash :)
Just how I feel.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

why? don't you like the ability to watch movies online or videos that are only accessible on desktop mode? Personally, I prefer my phone to surf and watch movies online than using my laptop.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. Bloated, slow used too many resources and a security issue. Same as on desktop. I never notice flash only sites these days that I can't see on my iOS or Android devices.
the HTC One browser has flash player, and it works really well. The only problem I had with the phone was that I couldn't remove the battery, so I returned it. I like the s4 better for that.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I find it to be depending on the PC 80% of the time.

I use Firefox for downloading, and Chrome for everyday use though. It seems as if Firefox downloads around 6MB/s for me, as to where Chrome seems to fall far behind.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

You must have a heavy ISP bill to be pulling 6 MB a sec down... :p.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
It may have worked, but it never worked WELL. It was a subpar experience all around, with poor performance. There's a reason adobe killed it.

I'd say it's working VERY Well right now, so speak for yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded flash on my phone using help from a YouTube video. Only a few browsers are compatible, Firefox being one of them, flash works perfectly now with Firefox :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You obviously don't want to believe it, which is your right. However, there's a reason adobe killed it, and it isn't because it worked well.

red5ive1

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Flash debate aside, I recommend that everyone download the Adobe Air app. The functionality of this app will absolutely blow your mind.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
You obviously don't want to believe it, which is your right. However, there's a reason adobe killed it, and it isn't because it worked well.

And you obviously don't care to listen to me, or anyone else for that matter, telling you that in their OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE it is working great. Better than on my laptop. You just keep quoting some Adobe press release and ignoring the numerous real users. I know what Adobe said, you don't need to keep saying it over and over. And I gave you my theory on why it wasn't working well before and why it IS working well now, which another user agreed with. Whatever you say, I'll continue to use and enjoy it. I guess if Adobe issues a press release telling you that chocolate ice cream sucks, you'll ignore your own taste buds and stop eating it, then tell everyone else who likes it that they are wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Adobe stop supporting the mobile path as part of a long term strategy to provide/control the market when it comes to development tools for HTML 5. Remember that HTML 5 is part of the browser experience, flash was not it was always stand alone plugin. Adobe also has been releasing updates to their flash tools allowing way to convert content to HTML 5.

Remember Adobe's money doesn't come from watching videos in flash but the tools to develop flash. If their tools can export to html 5, nothing is really lost.

Second, about those video websites. Some of the major players have been releasing their own apps for mobile video video. Majority of the TV Networks, Youtube, Vimeo,Hulu, etc have an independent video viewing app. They don't use flash in that regards. As the market moves mobile, Adobe sees the writing on the wall. In a few years those websites you are viewing using flash will be using HTML 5 instead and the best part is, Adobe won't have those security hole headaches to deal with anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome