From iPhone to Android

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
As a previous iPhone user and once prior Android user I can say the Android was not always assure friendly s it currently is. The reason things are for the most part a smooth transition is that Android stopped reinventing their so with every version. Instead they finally started refining and not reinventing.

This has brought a missing level of maturity and in some cases sophistication to the OS.

As a previous iOS user the main difference today is about choice, android gives you choice, iOS is so refined it does not allow for choice it then again it doesn't necessarily need it for most users as what they give you out of the box makes for a pretty fantastic user centered experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EMY92

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I switched from the 4S to the S4 about two weeks ago.

There are a few things I think the iphone does better, like the visual voicemail. The iphone has some built in functionality that the androids don't.

I also hate to hear "there's an app for that". I have gone that route for some things like the typing auto-correction, but I wish I didn't have to. The one positive is that the apps seem to integrate almost seamlessly with android phones, that wasn't the case with the iphone.

Overall, I'm liking the S4 better than the iphone.

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I switched from the 4S to the S4 about two weeks ago.

There are a few things I think the iphone does better, like the visual voicemail. The iphone has some built in functionality that the androids don't.

I also hate to hear "there's an app for that". I have gone that route for some things like the typing auto-correction, but I wish I didn't have to. The one positive is that the apps seem to integrate almost seamlessly with android phones, that wasn't the case with the iphone.

Overall, I'm liking the S4 better than the iphone.

The visual voicemail of the iPhone is awesome, I miss that as well. The mail app is light years better as well. Other than that I'm pretty happy with my S4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
can you tell me how to delete podcasts? I can't figure it out

Are you downloading them or streaming them? Get ES File Explorer. Look for the folder of your podcast app. Look in it for podcasts. Long press the podcast files. At the bottom tap the option to delete.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

melmc1403

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I used to be an iPhone user and I will never go back to Apple now that I've the S4. Amazing phone and your not limited to what u can do x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

DJMasterJ

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Scott I use PocketCasts and Remote for iTunes (must be on the same wifi network as your itunes library) both actually work very well. You can also use iSyncr for either Mac or PC and it will automagically sync your library including podcasts with your S4

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
thanks ! I never knew how to use that es file explorer before lol

I generally don't recommend ES explorer because it looks little complicated but its one of the best apps if you don't run away after launching the app :)
"My Files" app given by Samsung is good but not as good as ES explorer.Its UI is much better for new users.