Galaxy s4 breaking records.

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, according to phone arena. The galaxy s4 is breaking sales records. http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...droid-flagship-4-million-in-five-days_id43038.
Off topic: For those of you who dont like touchwiz stock dialer, there's an awesome dialer called ex dialer in the play store and has that swipe left to message and right to call feature in its settings, its very fast and light weight and has tons of themes.

Posted via Android Central App

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, according to phone arena. The galaxy s4 is breaking sales records. Samsung Galaxy S4 is the fastest selling Android flagship: 4 million in five days.
Off topic: For those of you who dont like touchwiz stock dialer, there's an awesome dialer called ex dialer in the play store and has that swipe left to message and right to call feature in its settings, its very fast and light weight and has tons of themes.

Posted via Android Central App

You may get flamed for this. Some people owning other high end phones might say you are gloating. But this is a very appropriate article to reference here for S4 owners and potential owners. Current owners and future buyers can rest assured that Samsung will have the resources and the incentive to keep updates rolling out to its customers. Being the most popular Android phone will guarantee the modding community will work on new features and Roms. Developers will work on APPs that take advantage of the S4 built in features. Repair services, parts and accessories will all be more available and cheaper because of the volume of phones sold (compare the cost of repair and parts of a Chevy to an Opel (in the US)). In this case bigger is better.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Take that Apple! So glad I left that iOS garbage for this and this really is the best I ever had

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You may get flamed for this. Some people owning other high end phones might say you are gloating. But this is a very appropriate article to reference here for S4 owners and potential owners. Current owners and future buyers can rest assured that Samsung will have the resources and the incentive to keep updates rolling out to its customers. Being the most popular Android phone will guarantee the modding community will work on new features and Roms. Developers will work on APPs that take advantage of the S4 built in features. Repair services, parts and accessories will all be more available and cheaper because of the volume of phones sold (compare the cost of repair and parts of a Chevy to an Opel (in the US)). In this case bigger is better.

Not always. Higher sales have stopped indicating the best product a long time ago in Western consumerism and marketing. Take virtually any unrelated product and you'll rarely find that experts or enthusiasts rarely use the best selling brand names and opt for higher quality niche manufacturers. Your car analogy works very well here. North American brands like Chevrolet almost every year have a car that was "The top selling brand of 2012!". But compared to numerous imports, the car sucks. I'd like to see the return rates on the S4 because I've seen significantly more grumbling about the S4 than the One on carrier customer reviews after the sale

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not always. Higher sales have stopped indicating the best product a long time ago in Western consumerism and marketing. Take virtually any unrelated product and you'll rarely find that experts or enthusiasts rarely use the best selling brand names and opt for higher quality niche manufacturers. Your car analogy works very well here. North American brands like Chevrolet almost every year have a car that was "The top selling brand of 2012!". But compared to numerous imports, the car sucks. I'd like to see the return rates on the S4 because I've seen significantly more grumbling about the S4 than the One on carrier customer reviews after the sale

Your post defies logic and ignores consumer buying habits. The S4 sales numbers are for worldwide sales and the manufacture is a Korean company. How does Western consumerism explain that? By your own statement a company targeting experts and enthusiasts would have small sales figures. Do you think experts and enthusiasts are being targeted by other high end smartphone manufactures? Of course not, they are mainly targeting the average consumer. But even experts enthusiasts are buying the S4 if you believe the posts on this and other enthusiasts sites. You also overlooked the millions of sales of the S3. The S4 sales don't exist in a vacuum. Those who bought the S3 obviously aren't filing class action law suits or filling news print space with complaints about problems they had with the S3. They are making recommendations to their family and friends on which cell phone to buy or are upgrading to the S4 themselves. In reality the only articles I have seen posted about a high numbers of returned phones are regarding the HTC One. If you have seen an article about a large number of returned S4s please post a reference.

"I've seen significantly more grumbling about the S4 than the One on carrier customer reviews after the sale"
Would you please provide a reference or web site for that information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma