FIX: Auto-correct after space (in case you missed this part of the fix)

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
For all who want auto-correction after pressing spacebar or punctuation as is standard with any modern typing, the following is an element of the solution.

Bottom line: The S4 does not have this available by default. You must download a different keyboard.

If you simply want autocorrect and don?t want to pay anything, download the free default Android Jellybean keyboard 4.2 and options will then be available for autocorrect.

HOWEVER? simply selecting to use THAT keyboard (4.2) in the phone menu options, and making sure to turn on all the autocorrect features are apparently not enough hoops you must jump through to amuse the developers involved. Selecting the keyboard and autocorrect options will do nothing unless you happen to notice the tiny little line at the top of the screen when you then go to type something. It is not a popup, it is a tiny line at the top with a tiny keyboard icon to the left. You have to pull it down and select to use the 4.2 keyboard AGAIN, even though you already did this for the overall phone options.

Also, I don?t know if it is a bug, but this was the first time the little line at the top with the keyboard icon appeared when I was typing, and I?ve had the phone and 4.2 keyboard a week or so.

I am extremely happy with the phone overall, but there are a few little ridiculous things like this about it that couldn?t be more obvious in terms of good idea / bad idea.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey is on sale right now for 2 bucks, half off. And it just updated. And the new Pitch black theme looks awesome on our amoled screens. FYI.

uploadfromtaptalk1368640843134.jpg

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ooooo... just downloaded Swiftkey, and the black with the blue and purple neon is ALLSOME!!! Auto-correct after space working just fine as well.

carspidey

May 17, 2012
Visit site
"Bottom line: The S4 does not have this available by default. You must download a different keyboard.

false, just check it up"

I don't see this option when i go to the settings for the samsung keyboard...

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
"Bottom line: The S4 does not have this available by default. You must download a different keyboard.

false, just check it up"

I don't see this option when i go to the settings for the samsung keyboard...

Me neither, again VZW might've taken it out

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

trmiv

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I ended up going with Kii keyboard because it was the only similar keyboard that had the option to add a top number row. If I could get the key size the same as the stock samsung keyboard, it would be great. I got as close as I could though.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Funny on the Samsung website it shows that the keyboard was developed with swiftkey. I just got the real one.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

ssss25

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I really like the top number row.. the clipboard option showing u previous copies and the option to float keyboard on the samsung keyboard...

I have the canadian version i337m and still auto correct feature is not there.

I couldn't find any keyboarr with the featues above.. I have stock rooted.. but couldnt find a mod either yet..

I hope samsung add in an update.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38