So, I had some issues texting a picture today. I wasn't getting any errors it just wouldn't go through. Could it be the pic was 7.2MB and the system couldn't handle it?

Can I compress it after taking the picture to be able to text it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-15-2013 03:44 PM
    That's too large for s text message

Posted via Android Central App
    05-15-2013 03:46 PM
    Yes I believe your file was too large. I'm surprised that it didn't auto resize. Check the settings in the message app to see what the limit is. I forgot and I don't have the stock app installed anymore. I'm using Handcent and it allows for options above the stock app.
    05-15-2013 03:48 PM
    It should compress automatically
    Try turning off Wifi and sending it. Picture messages sent via text messaging cannot be sent through Wifi, only through data. If you send a pic messages and you don't see your LTE or HSPA blink in your notification bar, it will not send
    05-15-2013 03:48 PM
    It should compress automatically
    Try turning off Wifi and sending it. Picture messages sent via text messaging cannot be sent through Wifi, only through data. If you send a pic messages and you don't see your LTE or HSPA blink in your notification bar, it will not send
    I have never heard of needing to turn off Wifi to send MMS. My wife and I send them all the time to each when we are home and we're on wifi the entire time. I think the phone knows to use data/network when using actual phone functions. Or at least should. I really have never heard of this.

Edit: I'm on Wifi at work and I just sent her a picture message. File was 1MB. So not sure about the turning off wifi stuff.
    05-15-2013 04:16 PM
    I have never heard of needing to turn off Wifi to send MMS. My wife and I send them all the time to each when we are home and we're on wifi the entire time. I think the phone knows to use data/network when using actual phone functions. Or at least should. I really have never heard of this.

Edit: I'm on Wifi at work and I just sent her a picture message. File was 1MB. So not sure about the turning off wifi stuff.
    Yeah u don't have to because the data should automatically come on... If u turn off mobile data and try to send a pic message with only wifi it won't work... But I'm some cases, especially sometimes on the S3, when WiFi was on, mobile data would not turn on when trying to send a picture message... It should turn on automatically though but it could be that case

Posted with my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Android Central App
    05-15-2013 04:35 PM
    Yeah u don't have to because the data should automatically come on... If u turn off mobile data and try to send a pic message with only wifi it won't work... But I'm some cases, especially sometimes on the S3, when WiFi was on, mobile data would not turn on when trying to send a picture message... It should turn on automatically though but it could be that case

Posted with my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Android Central App
    This happens with the GN almost every time. I need to turn off WiFi 90% of the time to send a pic.
    05-15-2013 04:56 PM