Help me out, "Searching for GPS"

Ranger Danger

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I have an AT&T GS4. Love the phone but can't use the GPS function. Whenever I plug in an address, I get the endless "Searching for GPS" at the bottom of the screen. It will not go into turn by turn direction mode and seems to be not connecting to satellites. This happens in both Google Maps and Waze. I have no idea what I've done. It's been this way for about 10 days or so. I called AT&T and they wanted to reset my phone by re-registering it.....? I have powered the phone down, restarted it, taken out the battery. Next step is to reset it and restore with Kies. Anyway, I have no idea what to do and I'm about to ask AT&T to send me a new one. Any ideas guys? Thanks a lot.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an AT&T GS4. Love the phone but can't use the GPS function. Whenever I plug in an address, I get the endless "Searching for GPS" at the bottom of the screen. It will not go into turn by turn direction mode and seems to be not connecting to satellites. This happens in both Google Maps and Waze. I have no idea what I've done. It's been this way for about 10 days or so. I called AT&T and they wanted to reset my phone by re-registering it.....? I have powered the phone down, restarted it, taken out the battery. Next step is to reset it and restore with Kies. Anyway, I have no idea what to do and I'm about to ask AT&T to send me a new one. Any ideas guys? Thanks a lot.

So I'll assume you have the radios enabled. Here are some links that may provide some things you can try. You can always trying a factory reset if nothing works. And if a factory reset doesn't work, not sure what else would given that the radio is enabled.

Searching for GPS galaxy s4 - Google Search

Green Banana

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
factory data reset under settings>accounts>back up and reset. make sure to back up everything to google and save your pics just in case. now after data reset, gps connects every time I use google maps. before the reset, I would have to toggle the gps off then back on. was very frustrating and thought for sure I had a defective phone. now gps works perfectly.

update
my phone reverted back to it's old self. gps is no longer turning on automatically with google maps or navigation. have to toggle gps off then back on. seems like a software bug but not certain.

Last edited:

assdafad

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
That happened to my phone, I actually returned the phone they brought another phone and the same thing happened. Basically the gps would work if I turned the GPS signal on and off each time. I figured out the problem was actually with my google accounts, try registering a different gmail account, I'll bet that fixes it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon