I have noticed some devices (like my laptop) are always dropping out of and re-connecting to the wireless network. Both my and my wife's new S4 are doing the same thing. The network and signal is extremely strong, and other wireless devices in the same area are steady on the network and don't do that, so it seems like just a crappy device-specific network adapter. The Win7 laptop that constantly drops out and reconnects often is unable to reconnect, so the usual action it takes to correct itself is to "reset the wireless network adapter" which is another reason I think that. The phones do it everywhere on networks in completely different locations.

Not only is it very annoying to see the wifi messages on the phone screen all the time, but dropping in and out so often does create general usability problems.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    05-16-2013 07:15 AM
    Yes im also having the same issues, just switched from an iphone 5 to the new galaxy S4, the samsung is a brilliant phone but the wifi dropping out all the time is a major issue for me. So disappointing. Get a grip samsung and get this problem sorted.
    05-17-2013 04:55 PM
    I haven't experienced this problem once. Must be a bug with certain phones. Do a master reset, if that doesn't work have it exchanged.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums
    05-17-2013 09:27 PM
    I saw an article about this today on wonder how to.com. I think that was the url..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-17-2013 10:24 PM
    I have experienced this problem on day two since I bought the phone from Samsung and updated my S4 to latest Jelly Bean 4.2.2 (GT-i9500 Thailand) I'm not sure whether it was firmware or the hardware itself so I was very frustrated and went back to Samsung immediately with my video clip about that problem. As I expected they had nothing much to say about it but did give me a new S4 right away so I've tested it with my Home Wi-Fi for 48 Hrs then updated to the latest Jelly Bean. The Result was whoala! NO SUCH PROBLEM EXISTED ever again. I'd say my old product was defective and suggesting you ask for a new phone asap!

Ps. the only thing thay had to say for me was..

"I could only ask for new phone to replace my defective one just once and must be in 7 days after I bought that product.
    If the new one I asked has any problem again I must send it to the service and could not ask for a new one again."
    (I was like "What kind of f*** up service is that!?" in my mind.)

Anyway my new S4 is still running flawlessly. So I guess I could be thankful to 'em ...for now.
    05-18-2013 04:06 AM
    I had this issue the other day while I was out. I found that it may be tied to a setting under wireless that allows it to ensure it always is connected using wifi or data depending which is faster. I found once I disabled this it was more stable. At home I have never had any issues connecting, it was only at my Nissan dealer that I had any wifi issues at all and unchecking that setting seemed to help.
    05-18-2013 07:18 AM
    I saw an article where it said Samsung admitted to Wi-Fi problems with some of the S4's - Seems to be associated with D-Link Routers.
    05-18-2013 01:01 PM
    I am having the same problem, tho we have 3 of the same phones in our home, my son and husbands are working fine. Mine was until about 2 weeks or so ago, then constantly dropping and picking up the signal. Verizon, sent me a new (well referb phone) and changed it over, still doing the same thing. Yesterday they sent me another one...guess what same thing again. We have a netgear router at home, my next move is to try wifi somewhere else, but I seriously don't think that is the issue, totally frustrated at this point. I am wondering if some sort of virus could have caused this, but I ran the security on the phone and nothing shows up...all clean. Anybody have any ideas??
    07-16-2013 10:32 AM