Simple list of preloaded apps and widgets and what they do?

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The "Let me google that for you" link is often not a legitimate response... take this for example.

I am a new S4 user. I just need a simple list of all preloaded apps and widgets and what they do. Try finding that quickly by any search method.

Looking at the description for each in "my apps" in google play isn't good because there are plenty that aren't listed even under the "all" tab.

I've tried to google "S4 Discover it widget" and there's nothing but articles talking about "Path" integration and other indecipherable jargon only intended for people who already know everything about everything.

I don't understand how it's not obvious that a simple list of preloaded apps and widgets and what they do is the first thing new users need and why it is so hard to find.

Anyone know of a link to something like this?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The "Let me google that for you" link is often not a legitimate response... take this for example.

I am a new S4 user. I just need a simple list of all preloaded apps and widgets and what they do. Try finding that quickly by any search method.

Looking at the description for each in "my apps" in google play isn't good because there are plenty that aren't listed even under the "all" tab.

I've tried to google "S4 Discover it widget" and there's nothing but articles talking about "Path" integration and other indecipherable jargon only intended for people who already know everything about everything.

I don't understand how it's not obvious that a simple list of preloaded apps and widgets and what they do is the first thing new users need and why it is so hard to find.

Anyone know of a link to something like this?

I don't have an answer for you but as a tip you may want to specify carrier as well as each carrier as their own apps preinstalled.... some more than others. In case you needed information on those as well. And for the most part, widgets are self explantory and either allow you see information from an app, open an app or control one. With those you most likely will have to play around with them to see exactly what each one does.. Unfortunately, I doubt there's an all-inclusive list describing widgets since they are in essence shortcuts to apps. Good luck in your search.

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an answer for you but as a tip you may want to specify carrier as well as each carrier as their own apps preinstalled.... some more than others. In case you needed information on those as well. And for the most part, widgets are self explantory and either allow you see information from an app, open an app or control one. With those you most likely will have to play around with them to see exactly what each one does.. Unfortunately, I doubt there's an all-inclusive list describing widgets since they are in essence shortcuts to apps. Good luck in your search.

Thanks so much for your reply... I am with Sprint, and that is some pretty important info that I left out. Indeed, most widgets are self explanatory, but things like "Discover it" and "Samsung hub" are not and the problem with opening and exploring each app and widget to see what it does is that by doing so, you have already agreed to and given permission / control of all things in the EULA, which I'd rather not do if it's something I would delete beforehand if I knew what it was. Things like "Samsung hub" I can look up easily enough, but the paragrahs of description from the one selling it don't make much sense compared to a simple, one or two sentence summary saying what it does and why it is different / better from "play store" which is also already pre-installed, etc., know what I mean?

I can see that it will be hard to find such a simple list, I just don't understand why. Maybe I will make one for others if I can't find one myself.

Thanks again for responding.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much for your reply... I am with Sprint, and that is some pretty important info that I left out. Indeed, most widgets are self explanatory, but things like "Discover it" and "Samsung hub" are not and the problem with opening and exploring each app and widget to see what it does is that by doing so, you have already agreed to and given permission / control of all things in the EULA, which I'd rather not do if it's something I would delete beforehand if I knew what it was. Things like "Samsung hub" I can look up easily enough, but the paragrahs of description from the one selling it don't make much sense compared to a simple, one or two sentence summary saying what it does and why it is different / better from "play store" which is also already pre-installed, etc., know what I mean?

I can see that it will be hard to find such a simple list, I just don't understand why. Maybe I will make one for others if I can't find one myself.

Thanks again for responding.

Yeah I know what you mean. There are a lot of apps preinstalled that people don't know too much about nor car to use at all. This is why a lot of people dislike carrier branded phones. Not only do you have Google trying to get you to use their services, you also have Samsung and the carrier. So then in some cases you're left with 3 apps/services that all serve the same purpose unless you hack your phone to have the redundancy removed. Of course you can individually look up apps and stuff but that's not ideal. But I'm assuming people don't care too much about making lists because they don't care for the apps and it's always changing LOL. You may also have better luck by going to Sprint and seeing if they have info about the apps there and doing the same for Samsung. Good luck again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois