I am looking for a SMS pop up app (willing to pay for one) that will show up on the screen WITHOUT me unlocking the phone. I've tried "sms popup" and I still have to unlock the phone to see the message...unless I don't have the settings correct. Any advice. I've also tried SMS pro and got a little overwhelmed with the features lol. Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated!!

P.S. Still loving my S4!
    05-16-2013 08:13 AM
    You're on Sprint?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-16-2013 08:17 AM
    I'm on AT&T
    05-16-2013 08:22 AM
    I am looking for a SMS pop up app (willing to pay for one) that will show up on the screen WITHOUT me unlocking the phone. I've tried "sms popup" and I still have to unlock the phone to see the message...unless I don't have the settings correct. Any advice. I've also tried SMS pro and got a little overwhelmed with the features lol. Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated!!

P.S. Still loving my S4!
    Handscent has that option but like SMS Pro it has a boatload of options. In the notification options just select "Show when locked". SMS pop up isn't an SMS app but it's a notification app that compliments the SMS app. It also has the option and it's more lightweight than the other full SMS apps.
    05-16-2013 08:31 AM
    I'm guessing you meant Go SMS Pro... it does have a lot of features, but all you need is the Notifications under Settings > Advanced tab > Notification Settings > then set Unlock screen and Screen on and then you can set the Screen timeout... they are all grouped together... then you can set your default notification settings. The only other thing I usually mess with in the app is from the Basic tab, you can use the "Set default SMS program" and make this your primary SMS app.
    05-16-2013 08:32 AM
    I use Chomp and the pop up does exactly what are wanting.
    05-16-2013 08:34 AM
    I'm on AT&T
    Then text messages should already pop up on your phone with the screen off. Make sure to have air gesture and AirView enabled.

05-16-2013 08:52 AM
    Thanks to everyone who replied to the thread. I'm going to try GO sms Pro!

Many thanks!
    05-16-2013 09:41 AM
    I'm guessing you meant Go SMS Pro... it does have a lot of features, but all you need is the Notifications under Settings > Advanced tab > Notification Settings > then set Unlock screen and Screen on and then you can set the Screen timeout... they are all grouped together... then you can set your default notification settings. The only other thing I usually mess with in the app is from the Basic tab, you can use the "Set default SMS program" and make this your primary SMS app.
    I used this for years until go sms pro started bombarding me with spam sms that I have to pay for!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    roberts68 likes this.
    05-16-2013 12:30 PM
    I used this for years until go sms pro started bombarding me with spam sms that I have to pay for!

I don't receive any SMS messages from Go... they have some minor notification area on the app now (bottom right corner of the app) that you can ignore or just popup and clear real quickly, and normally that only occurs with a new update to the app.
    05-16-2013 12:35 PM
    I use CM10. Its messaging app has an option.

Sent from mobile.................
    05-16-2013 12:40 PM

Ditto. The spam was very annoying and I couldn't blacklist their number. I switched to Chomp instead.
    05-16-2013 12:42 PM
    Ditto. The spam was very annoying and I couldn't blacklist their number. I switched to Chomp instead.
    The funny thing is I never got sms spam in free version of app. I bought the paid version and they added insult to injury. I couldn't get anyone from go team to answer my email about it either.

05-18-2013 06:48 PM
    05-21-2013 12:50 AM
    Hi all, I'm wondering if any of the alternative apps that were proposed over SMS Popup can do recurring notifications until acknowledged? I use my phone for work and if I'm asleep sometimes one beep isn't enough. SMS Popup has the option to have it repeat the alert once per minute until you click close on the lock screen or read the text message. I found this thread because after just upgrading to the S4 my SMS Popup no longer can display on the lock screen while it could on my old Droid 3, so I'm willing to buy a different app if it can do the notification repeat, otherwise I'm just going to torture myself with having to log in after every text message to acknowledge them since I can't miss things at night.
    05-22-2013 02:16 PM
    Then text messages should already pop up on your phone with the screen off. Make sure to have air gesture and AirView enabled.

I've got both these set and if my phone is locked, all it does is light up. Is there any way to see who the text is from or even reply to it without having to unlock it? I'm using chomp btw.
    05-22-2013 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the earlier tip on Handcent. I just installed that and it does the two things I need; pop up incoming texts on the lock screen of my VZW S4, and supports recurring notification of messages until acknowledged. SMS Popup and Chomp can't display to the lock screen of an S4 currently. Now I just have to see if there's a paid version so I can get rid of the annoying ads at the bottom of the Handcent screens.
    05-29-2013 05:28 PM
    SMS Popup and Chomp can't display to the lock screen of an S4 currently. Now I just have to see if there's a paid version so I can get rid of the annoying ads at the bottom of the Handcent screens.
    Are you sure, pdisme? I'm using Chomp on my (new!) S4 and I have it set so that the screen lights up and texts pop up even when my phone is locked. Of course, my assumption is that unless there's an incompatibility problem Handcent (which I haven't used for a few years) and Go SMS should work the same.
    05-29-2013 06:42 PM
    Hmm interesting; I did have Chomp set to display on lock screen but it didn't. I have mine locked by pattern; is yours actually 'locked' or just swipe to access? It may behave differently between just a swipe to use and an actual lock pattern/pin/password. I emailed the Chomp developer but he said they hadn't seen an S4 in person yet and would have to find one to test on.
    05-29-2013 06:54 PM
    Hmm interesting; I did have Chomp set to display on lock screen but it didn't. I have mine locked by pattern; is yours actually 'locked' or just swipe to access?
    Ahhh, lemme test it and get back to you.
    05-29-2013 07:45 PM
    Okay, pdisme, you *are* right. I set a swipe to unlock and I couldn't see the pop-up until I unlocked it, even though I have it set for lock screen. Hm, Chomp should fix that.
    05-29-2013 07:58 PM
    Try Glowfly app for pop up notification.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk
    05-29-2013 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD