How many of you?

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Have two cell phones that you switch between? Just curious, as much as I love my s4, I miss the hell out of my Nexus 4. Do any of you switch between phones?

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If the Nexus came in 32GB or had expandable storage, that's what I'd be using right now. I am not using both the One and GS4 to see which one I want to keep.... until something else comes out LOL.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Both? Lol

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4

Yeah I mean I am using both. Making sure I get a good feel for both and make the best choice. Don't want to be like others and simply buy a phone based on some sort of allegiance and looks alone. Gotta run them through paces to see which one makes the most sense for me. It's a tough decision right now.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the S4, One, and Nexus 4. Love the S4 and One equally. Not sure I can make a choice. Not sure I'll have to once the GS4 Google Edition hits. Will probably get it and send them both packing.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the S4, One, and Nexus 4. Love the S4 and One equally. Not sure I can make a choice. Not sure I'll have to once the GS4 Google Edition hits. Will probably get it and send them both packing.

Try playing angry birds on both The One and the S4. On the One it's not full screen because of the dreaded 3 dots and then try pulling down the notification shade. Can't be done. The S4 is hands down better in landscape mode.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Currently using the One and S4. Rogers and Bell, both are unlocked.

S4 is work and One is pleasure.

I had two for over a year, always with Rogers but I signed up with Bell last September because of mobile TV to watch NFL games and Red Zone.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got the HTC one and was using the iPhone 5 I love this phone but miss the home button. Love the design.

You said you were using both. Which one you like better and why.

Posted via Android Central App

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I just got the HTC one and was using the iPhone 5 I love this phone but miss the home button. Love the design.

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Currently using the One and S4. Rogers and Bell, both are unlocked.

S4 is work and One is pleasure.

I had two for over a year, always with Rogers but I signed up with Bell last September because of mobile TV to watch NFL games and Red Zone.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep! Currently driving the S4 and switch between the Note 2 and Nexus 4. The Nexus 4 has been assigned to drawer duty until KLP or an update comes. Just want to get maximum time with my S4 in the two week period. I must say I am digging my Galaxies! S4 & Note 2! I might even start taking my Note 2 on trips in my bag to use as a wifi device.

I have had my S4 since Monday and have taken two day trips and I must say so far I am impressed with the battery life. Better than the Nexus 4 for my usage.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I use a Nexus 4 as my daily driver, and for my 2nd phone I mix it up. I don't use another Android though; I use the opportunity to try out different platforms. So far I've used a Lumia 920, an iPhone 5, and currently I'm using a Lumia 521. I would have no problem switching to iPhone if I had to, except for the small screen. WP8, however, is sorely lacking.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I use a Nexus 4 as my daily driver, and for my 2nd phone I mix it up. I don't use another Android though; I use the opportunity to try out different platforms. So far I've used a Lumia 920, an iPhone 5, and currently I'm using a Lumia 521. I would have no problem switching to iPhone if I had to, except for the small screen. WP8, however, is sorely lacking.

Sat next to a guy today on my flight with a Lumia 920. A really nice phone but HUGE! I think the dimensions are larger than my S4. I thought is was pretty cool. Are you saying that it does not compare well to Android or iPhone?

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

The new Lumias 925/928 seem really appealing. How is WP so far behind? (Never had one before).

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Sat next to a guy today on my flight with a Lumia 920. A really nice phone but HUGE! I think the dimensions are larger than my S4. I thought is was pretty cool. Are you saying that it does not compare well to Android or iPhone?

The new Lumias 925/928 seem really appealing. How is WP so far behind? (Never had one before).

Nokia makes a great phone; the problem is the OS they install on it. WP is nice & fast, but it's no faster than iOS or Jelly Bean. In fact, I did a small test where I went into the Settings menu on my Nexus 4 and Lumia 920, and if I scrolled very slowly the Lumia stuttered, but the Nexus was smooth as silk. Other issues on WP are a single volume setting, no editing forwarded emails, no blocking callers, no custom ringtones, no notification center (live tiles aren't very useful, even when they happen to work), and the app gap is a real issue. There are no official apps for Facebook & YouTube for example. The Settings menu is a jumbled, confusing mess. It's not arranged in any logical order that I can tell, either alphabetically or logically.

I say give it some time, and WP will arrive. I would just rather not suffer the growing pains. I use and will continue to use WP8 as my 2nd phone, but it's not ready to be my daily driver.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Nokia makes a great phone; the problem is the OS they install on it. WP is nice & fast, but it's no faster than iOS or Jelly Bean. In fact, I did a small test where I went into the Settings menu on my Nexus 4 and Lumia 920, and if I scrolled very slowly the Lumia stuttered, but the Nexus was smooth as silk. Other issues on WP are a single volume setting, no editing forwarded emails, no blocking callers, no custom ringtones, no notification center (live tiles aren't very useful, even when they happen to work), and the app gap is a real issue. There are no official apps for Facebook & YouTube for example. The Settings menu is a jumbled, confusing mess. It's not arranged in any logical order that I can tell, either alphabetically or logically.

I say give it some time, and WP will arrive. I would just rather not suffer the growing pains. I use and will continue to use WP8 as my 2nd phone, but it's not ready to be my daily driver.

I agree with most if what you stated. However there are official native YouTube and Facebook apps. The YouTube app was updated last week and is now a full blown version. Facebook also was updated in the last couple weeks and is published as beta in the marketplace. They have streamlined the ui quite a bit, added most of the features that the WP version was missing compared to Android and iOS, and made the design resemble Android/iOS more and made it less metro-y which is a good thing imo. Love the metro look but in some apps it can really be a hindrance. Great OS, I really loved my 920. Will likely give it another try in the future after some of the growing pains are ironed out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree with most if what you stated. However there are official native YouTube and Facebook apps. The YouTube app was updated last week and is now a full blown version. Facebook also was updated in the last couple weeks and is published as beta in the marketplace. They have streamlined the ui quite a bit, added most of the features that the WP version was missing compared to Android and iOS, and made the design resemble Android/iOS more and made it less metro-y which is a good thing imo. Love the metro look but in some apps it can really be a hindrance. Great OS, I really loved my 920. Will likely give it another try in the future after some of the growing pains are ironed out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Actually the YouTube and Facebook apps are developed by Microsoft, not Google and Facebook respectively. They aren't 1st party. I agree with your assessment on Metro. It looks great, but I don't find it very practical in the real world. There's too much wasted space, which is premium on a small device. There's also too much scrolling & tapping to find & do stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34