I can't tell at the store....

How is the gs4 screen in the sun compared to htc one or moto razr maxx hd? CNET gave it a terrible review in the sun but I love the gs4 specs.

Can user control led with light flow and if so how many colors can it produce?

OK, I lied, one more question I can't check in the store... how is data reception in areas known for weak reception. I can get a signal in my favorite restaurant in my moto razr maxx but not get it at all in tbolt or iphone 5. It is known to be a weak reception area.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    05-16-2013 12:25 PM

How is the gs4 screen in the sun compared to htc one or moto razr maxx hd? CNET gave it a terrible review in the sun but I love the gs4 specs.

OK, I lied, one more question I can't check in the store... how is data reception in areas known for weak reception. I can get a signal in my favorite restaurant in my moto razr maxx but not get it at all in tbolt or iphone 5. It is known to be a weak reception area.

Thanks!

Take both phones over to a window or door in the store and check the comparative brightness.

I turn up the screen when I need to see something in bright sunlight and then turn it back down. It is very easy to do with the screen brightness slider in the notification bar.

Why not go to the Play Store and read the Light Flow description and features?

What did you lie about?
    05-16-2013 12:56 PM

Thanks!

The One screen is better especially in direct sunlight. With the S4 you do have to crank up the brightness more. For most this isn't a big deal especially if you have the brightness on auto.

Take both phones over to a window or door in the store and check the comparative brightness.

I turn up the screen when I need to see something in bright sunlight and then turn it back down. It is very easy to do with the screen brightness slider in the notification bar.

Why not go to the Play Store and read the Light Flow description and features?

What did you lie about?
    I think the lied because the thread is title "2 questions" but they asked 3 LOL.
    05-16-2013 01:36 PM

I think the lied because the thread is title "2 questions" but they asked 3 LOL.
    Sometime the obvious isn't so obvious (at least to me).
    05-16-2013 01:39 PM
    Light flow won't tell me how many led colors the gs4 can control nor if the app works without root. On some phones it does, some it doesn't. If anyone has installed light flow and tried it please let me know. The review I read didn't even mention if the gs4 has a multicolor led. The One does not so I rule it out.

No windows in mall store. All I care about is if I crank to 100% brightness sitting in the beach in direct sunlight whether I can read posts and see the camera screen. I can't with the tbolt. I can with the iphone. razr is in between. CNET claimed you couldn't see camera view finder in bright sunlight.

I don't care about sound quality of speakers but I do hope they are loud? Could hardly hear my tbolt in noisy place.

05-16-2013 03:02 PM
    Light flow won't tell me how many led colors the gs4 can control nor if the app works without root. On some phones it does, some it doesn't. If anyone has installed light flow and tried it please let me know. The review I read didn't even mention if the gs4 has a multicolor led. The One does not so I rule it out.

No windows in mall store. All I care about is if I crank to 100% brightness sitting in the beach in direct sunlight whether I can read posts and see the camera screen. I can't with the tbolt. I can with the iphone. razr is in between.

Yes if you crank it up, you'll be good in sunlight. As far as notification colors, yes the LED color can be changed. I haven't tried it with lightflow but I have tried it with Handcent and all the color options (6 in all) within it are available so I wouldn't think it would be different for an app that specializes in that sort of thing.
    05-16-2013 03:06 PM
    I use Touchdown for Exchange Mail and Handcent for SMS and both apps let me tweak the LED to any color I choose. The S4 LED is completely tweakable.
    05-16-2013 03:07 PM
    I use Touchdown for Exchange Mail and Handcent for SMS and both apps let me tweak the LED to any color I choose. The S4 LED is completely tweakable.
    That's it. I need one. Now will the Google version work on vzw?

05-16-2013 03:57 PM
    That's it. I need one. Now will the Google version work on vzw?

I'm pretty sure it's GSM only.
    05-16-2013 04:02 PM
    damn, i can't switch providers

05-16-2013 04:29 PM