Samsung to consider freeing up space on the S4.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
doubt its just for the UK, that would be a lot of BS. But i think its just because it was on a BBC show.

Would love more memory, not necessary, but it would be nice to get some freed up

perrochingon

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Hope so. Would be a good move on their part. Got about 7.5gb free at the moment. Don't see myself installing more apps. Use an sd card for music, movies, and pics. Only thing I noticed is that certain camera modes will only save pics to internal storage. Like burst shot for instance.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hope so. Would be a good move on their part. Got about 7.5gb free at the moment. Don't see myself installing more apps. Use an sd card for music, movies, and pics. Only thing I noticed is that certain camera modes will only save pics to internal storage. Like burst shot for instance.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4

Occasionally (once a week?) I'll check my internal memory memory DCIM folder and move any photos or vids to my SD card. Every thing else that can be is saved to my SD card by default.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Great news. Rocking 32GB here but wouldn't mind some extra space as well. Samsung JUST pushed out that optimization update though, so I'm not holding my breath for them pushing out another update any time soon.

Here's to wishful thinking though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Occasionally (once a week?) I'll check my internal memory memory DCIM folder and move any photos or vids to my SD card. Every thing else that can be is saved to my SD card by default.

Yeah that's what I do as well because I save a lot of photos via screen shots or funny pics from twitter and instagram and you have no choice but to save to internal for these. This is why I'd always prefer 1 large partition over 2 split. Or at least if I could use both partitions as I want. I saw on XDA they were talking about how to flip some of the system files to trick the phone to thinking that the SD card is internal and vice versa. I gotta follow that so I can see how it works and any issues with it.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's what I do as well because I save a lot of photos via screen shots or funny pics from twitter and instagram and you have no choice but to save to internal for these. This is why I'd always prefer 1 large partition over 2 split. Or at least if I could use both partitions as I want. I saw on XDA they were talking about how to flip some of the system files to trick the phone to thinking that the SD card is internal and vice versa. I gotta follow that so I can see how it works and any issues with it.

Could you supply a link for that XDA article? I'm very interested in doing the same thing. Thanks

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I think a phone buyer would have to be clueless when it comes to phone memory (or computer memory) to be surprised about free memory on a 16GB phone. This is what Samsung should have said: "When you put a pound of sand into a a gallon bucket you will have less free space than when you put a pound of sand into a five gallon bucket. Get it?" That might have cleared it up for the uninitiated among us.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz