05-18-2013 05:13 PM
36 12
tools
    05-16-2013 03:38 PM
    Samsung only reports shipped. Apple only reports sold to actual people. Two very different numbers.
    05-16-2013 05:58 PM
    Samsung only reports shipped. Apple only reports sold to actual people. Two very different numbers.
    Don't hate and you need to read the article again. It states; Sales in the first two weeks are over 5 million.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-16-2013 06:09 PM
    Don't hate and you need to read the article again. It states; Sales in the first two weeks are over 5 million.

But even if it's "shipped", we still know it ain't going to a dump.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    05-16-2013 06:12 PM
    Why is there such an obsession with "beating" the iPhone? Android and Apple both sell great, the iPhone 5s is gonna sell like bonkers and push it back ahead of the S4 and when the S5 comes out it will push back against the 5s. Just enjoy your damn phones, Android or Apple they're computers in your pocket! Mindblowing pieces of technology

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    05-16-2013 06:19 PM
    Why is there such an obsession with "beating" the iPhone? Android and Apple both sell great, the iPhone 5s is gonna sell like bonkers and push it back ahead of the S4 and when the S5 comes out it will push back against the 5s. Just enjoy your damn phones, Android or Apple they're computers in your pocket! Mindblowing pieces of technology

You obviously are a person who doesn't mind Apple's endless patent fights, locked down ios or limited options for users (i.e. iTunes). That's fine. But you are being presumptuous in telling other what they should like and how they should respond to information they receive.
    05-16-2013 06:52 PM
    Can you provide an proof of that statement? Not saying you are wrong I just never heard that before.
    05-16-2013 06:54 PM
    From one of the commenters:
    Samsung must be careful not to crush Apple. If they did that they will have no one else to copy from and run their business. Samsung belongs to the set of companies that can manufacture godzillion units of anything within a short time, flood the market and wipe out all competition. Innovations and creative products cannot be made every month. It takes years for game changing developments to take place. Apple, Google and many American companies create new avenues and markets. And they let everyone play level on those markets. Companies like Samsung wait for these leaders to create something and move in very quickly to overwhelm and dominate that market. Samsungs first tablet almost looked like the iPad and was very deceptive. Apple had to go to the court to push them back. Be careful with companies like Samsung. They may give cheaper products. But by encouraging them and celebrating the defeat of true innovators, we are digging the grave for the latter. One does not have to buy Apple products all the time or be loyal to them. But killing Apple off would be the worst mistake. After that you will be stuck with Samsung and similar companies whose innovative efforts are varying size, color, adding more features that may not be necessary until there is no more left to improve. Then it will go the way of the DVD players where a few pennies only could be made and the business died away. Do not celebrate if Samsung beats companies like Apple. Be worried. Americas main strength is true innovation and creation. Everything in the tech world that we take for granted today came from the American companies Intel, Motorola (what was that again?), IBM, Microsoft, Apple, Google, Xerox, Oracle, you name it. They all competed and truly created something. Companies like Samsung have the government back up to invest massively in manufacturing plants, hire people like ants and work them to turn things around quickly and try selling by trial and error methods. Once creativity is killed, these companies will have nothing to offer other than the same mediocre products. Do not celebrate Samsungs victory.
    05-16-2013 09:10 PM
    Not really. Apple isn't too different from the competition according to this article http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...a_product.html.

05-16-2013 10:39 PM
    That commenter needs a shrink for that psycho babel he just spewed. I think he even got some on his shirt.
    05-17-2013 04:33 AM
    The GS4 should be compared to the next iPhone model due out this year, who cares how it sells compared to a device from 2012?

Silly thread.

You obviously are a person who doesn't mind Apple's endless patent fights, locked down ios or limited options for users (i.e. iTunes). That's fine. But you are being presumptuous in telling other what they should like and how they should respond to information they receive.
    Um, what? He merely said enjoy your phone. He has a point. Who gives a hoot what Apple does or how their iPhone sells? How did you arrive at the conclusion that the user you quoted is being presumptuous?

It's a sales figure, guy, what on Earth does "endless patent fights, locked down ios or limited options for users" have to do with sales figures?

Relax. You should be able to appreciate your beloved GS4 whether Apple sells three iPhone's or three billion iPhone's.
    05-17-2013 04:47 AM
    Samsung is going through a purple patch. Yesterday they announced sales of 4 million units of the Galaxy S4 over its launch weekend. They shipped a further 2 million in the following week. Sales in the first two weeks are over 5 million with a Samsung executive claiming the device is on track for 10 million units sold by the end of May.
    Eric Savitz wrote here back in October that the iPhone 5′s launch weekend sales were 5 million (including orders not shipped).
    Apple still did better according to this article selling 5 million iPhone 5s over the launch weekend compared to two weeks seems like if the S4 was such hotcakes it would have been able to match that. Ok let me clarify the S4 is immensely popular but still it's pretty impressive numbers for the iPhone 5.

Edit: haha just re read and S4 sold 4 mil launch weekend, impressive just not 5 million impressive haha.

Sent from the collector home world.
    05-17-2013 06:29 AM
    Why should he mind? It's not as if Apple is holding him at gunpoint and forcing him to use their products. That Apple sells as many IOS devices as it does clearly shows that there are many people who do appreciate the very features of IOS that you dislike.

These articles simply use some variation of the "iphone killer looms" theme as clickbait for their advertising revenue, because the writers know that it will attract both Android and iphone supporters like sharks to blood. It's an old trick that has been going on for the past few years.
    05-17-2013 06:39 AM
    I don't care if one Samsung phone beats apple. All androids combined are crushing it.
    jludwig57 likes this.
    05-17-2013 07:01 AM
    dont think samsung needs to worry about iphone... samsung is probably looking over its shoulder at all the other android phones out there... htc, sony, lg, others... they are all coming out with quad core, 5", Jelly bean phones that are as good or even arguably better than samsungs best and slowly effecting their bottom line. apple sales may be slowing too but at least they capture 100% of the ios market so they can command the prices they do and make much more than samsung by just selling one model really. a million+ nexus 4 here, millions of htc ones there... it'll be like the android tablet market.

that being said love my first try at android with my nexus 4... just got off contract with my 4s and love the nexus but itching for new phone and on my list is htc one, s4... or wait to see what apply has planned with ios 7.

05-17-2013 07:50 AM
    Obviously? Get a clue bro, I'm someone who came from a jailbroken iPhone 4 to the Android world so I didn't experience a 'locked down' iOS or experience limited options. And the patent fights come from both Apple and Android companies. The iPhone is awesome. Some Android phones are awesome. Point is that this pissing contest that is constantly taking place between Apple and Android fanboys is ridiculous. Both platforms have their advantages and no one can say with authority that one is better than the other. But hey, if reading reports of Android phones besting iPhone sales gives you a hard on, then more power to you.
    05-17-2013 01:29 PM

Because Apple thinks they are they best and are willing to "cheat" and put patents on everything so they can't use it
    I mean Samsung had to take out "Universal Phone Search" because of Apple...I mean really? Thats a common feature every phone should have
    Personally I hate Apple, but I like their computer products (I have a Mac)

I used to have an iPhone and liked it until i got this...Maybe Apple will come up with something better...they need to step their game up
    return_0 likes this.
    05-17-2013 01:33 PM
    And now, a perfect opportunity for a word from our sponsors...

05-17-2013 01:53 PM
    Apple still did better according to this article selling 5 million iPhone 5s over the launch weekend compared to two weeks seems like if the S4 was such hotcakes it would have been able to match that. Ok let me clarify the S4 is immensely popular but still it's pretty impressive numbers for the iPhone 5.

Edit: haha just re read and S4 sold 4 mil launch weekend, impressive just not 5 million impressive haha.

You overlooked one minor little detail. The iPhone 5 was released on AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint on its launch weekend, while the S4 was released only on AT&T. Had the S4 also gone out on Verizon and Sprint that first weekend, the S4 could well have doubled those "impressive" iPhone 5 numbers.
    skiner5246 and return_0 like this.
    05-17-2013 01:58 PM
    You overlooked one minor little detail. The iPhone 5 was released on AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint on its launch weekend, while the S4 was released only on AT&T. Had the S4 also gone out on Verizon and Sprint that first weekend, the S4 could well have doubled those "impressive" iPhone 5 numbers.
    I have still yet to figure out who is to blame here, as in why they can't just release on all carriers at the same time. Obviously Samsung wants the business to sell as much as possible, so it it carriers screwing over Samsung, or is it that they can't produce as many units as Apple can?
    05-17-2013 06:00 PM
    Android, iPhone, Windows, BB... If they all accept calls and search the Web, then they are all good. We all have a choice. If the iPhone was made in the U.S.?! ......so, I made my choice. No reason to get excited...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    05-17-2013 06:56 PM
    Let's keep the discussion civil. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    05-17-2013 07:34 PM
    You are correct! I forgot that AT&T was the only carrier to launch it first. That's the cool thing about Apple is they can get the iPhone released on all the carriers simultaneously. The staggered release definitely hurt Samsung.

vasekvi likes this.
    05-17-2013 08:15 PM
    I have still yet to figure out who is to blame here, as in why they can't just release on all carriers at the same time. Obviously Samsung wants the business to sell as much as possible, so it it carriers screwing over Samsung, or is it that they can't produce as many units as Apple can?
    You are correct! I forgot that AT&T was the only carrier to launch it first. That's the cool thing about Apple is they can get the iPhone released on all the carriers simultaneously. The staggered release definitely hurt Samsung.
    Just the result of contracts that were entered into earlier and that do not reflect present day reality. Remember, it was less than 3 years ago that Samsung not only was unable to release the first S on all carriers, but also couldn't even get those that did to call it by the same name. In any event, I don't think Samsung cares about the launch weekend sales construct all that much. It knows it's going to outsell Apple regardless.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
    05-17-2013 08:55 PM
    Just the result of contracts that were entered into earlier and that do not reflect present day reality. Remember, it was less than 3 years ago that Samsung not only was unable to release the first S on all carriers, but also couldn't even get those that did to call it by the same name. In any event, I don't think Samsung cares about the launch weekend sales construct all that much. It knows it's going to outsell Apple regardless.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
    Yup. Total sales and dominance is what they're after. Kimchi power!

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-17-2013 09:04 PM
36 12