or to have
    Screen timeout 30 seconds?

Both turn the screen off?
    05-16-2013 05:12 PM
    is the same to lock the phone manually clicking the power button
    or to have
    Screen timeout 30 seconds?

Both turn the screen off?
    The screen timeout is how long the screen stays on after your last interaction with the phone.. In the lockscreen options, you can delay the locking of the phone to your desired time after the screen timeout, and you can also set it up to lock the phone instantly and shut off the screen when you hit the power/lock button
    05-16-2013 05:15 PM
    Thanks for that info tat21985 - I'm trying to figure out how to lock the phone and shut off the screen when I hit the power/lock button.

The problem I'm having is that the screen locks and goes dark when I hit the power button, but it does not STAY dark. The lock screen/wallpaper keeps popping back up. The light never really went off all night last night at bedside - which was very annoying.

I'm sitting at my desk right now working, and I've locked the phone. The screen goes black immediately, then the lock screen with the time pops back up periodically, then it will go back to black again. Distracting and I assume is eating the charge up as well.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    05-18-2013 11:48 AM
    Are you sure there are no magnets around? Or maybe you have a case with a magnet on it? It sounds like you're experiencing behaviour related to the S-Cover functionality, which responds to magnet proximity. Or you have the 'Quick Glance' option enabled; if this is ON, whenever you reach out to your phone while it's locked, it'll show you brief info on time and notifications and then go back to black.
    05-18-2013 01:02 PM