Battery percentages

JLopez149

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why my Google services is so high. I use my phone a lot for internet, email, and phone calls. I thought after a week or so of using the phone my screen usage would be much higher since I have it set at 80% and auto off. I usually have WiFi, GPS, and sync turned off unless I'm using it. Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368745549872.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368745549872.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 52

JLopez149

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Google now I haven't seen anywhere to disable it but I always check my active apps and its not in there. I usually get around 5-6 hrs of screen time a day.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't use Google now I haven't seen anywhere to disable it but I always check my active apps and its not in there. I usually get around 5-6 hrs of screen time a day.

If you haven't turned Google now on then its not on. Its not something that can come on by itself. Long press the menu key to bring it up.

Also 5-6 on screen time is great. My phone doesn't show any Google services at all in my power usage so I'd be curious of what that is. I have my Google apps to sync whenever they need to so not sure. Maybe it is Google now. Hmmmmm.

Each3

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow 5 to 6 hours of screen time?

With my old Galaxy Nexus I would be lucky to hit 2-3 hours of screen time and that was with LTE off and no synching

Hopefully I have better luck now that I have the Galaxy S4

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
For the first week or two mine never showed Google services in the battery used section but it has been the past few days. Idk why but it's strange.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Android Central Forums

Each3

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
For the first week or two mine never showed Google services in the battery used section but it has been the past few days. Idk why but it's strange.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Android Central Forums

Would you have happen to activate Google Now by any chance?

Posted via Android Central App

jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Would you have happen to activate Google Now by any chance?

I just activated Google Now tonight for the first time and the "Maps" battery started showing up for the first time. I hope this doesn't kill my battery because Google Now seems really cool. Is there an easy way to deactivate Google Now if you don't want to use it anymore? Do you just go to the settings > Google Now (All Cards) > Off?

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine fluctuates. The first few cycles it didn't show up at all. Spiked a bit. Went down. Right now it looks like yours. I just updated a lot of apps when I hit wi-fi so perhaps that has something to do with it. I have had Google Now on since the start.

Each3

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I just activated Google Now tonight for the first time and the "Maps" battery started showing up for the first time. I hope this doesn't kill my battery because Google Now seems really cool. Is there an easy way to deactivate Google Now if you don't want to use it anymore? Do you just go to the settings > Google Now (All Cards) > Off?

Yeah that is pretty much how you deactivate it. I was just wondering since I know Google Now loves to use your location.

It's such a great idea I just wish battery technology would be able to catch up with all these great ideas but sadly not any time soon

laurence.jose

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Q0QWmO8EvULzkvWz1lrO3QWm-DaX0kIHqJqu8xFa5f4

Not sure what is considered Google services but I have Google Now, auto sync, and quite a few Google apps running in the background and it still only accounts for 11% of my battery. My screen is still what eats it the most but I still get a solid 15-20 hrs of life from my phone. I'm usually constantly turning my phone on randomly every 15 minutes (because I just love staring at the screen) and maybe play games 5 minutes at a time when I'm bored.