Date on lockscreen and in notification bar

davidvetsch

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, how do I get the date to show up on my lockscreen and maybe even when pulling down the notification bar?

My old android was able to do that and now I realize how handy that was in every day life!!! I hope there's a solution...

Posted via Android Central App

davidvetsch

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I checked there. My friend has the features I want as a preset too, but on my just don't seem to be able to make it work. Any other ideas?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you and your friend on the same carrier? Sometimes carriers modify the phone's software to their liking and they take stuff away. Why would they take away the date, though, is strange.

The date on the notification bar is the default, I haven't seen a setting to hide that. For the lockscreen clock widget, you can enable/disable it in the LockScreen options.

davidvetsch

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Yep, we're both on T-Mobile. On the lockscreen it just shows my "slogan", the time and the next alarm clock time and week day. My friend has all that PLUS the date. I've turned all the options on and off in the Lock Screen settings. No matter what I do there, the date doesn't show up...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
On the lockscreen settings, make sure the box next to the date is checked

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368814672210.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368814672210.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 81

Berserk

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the same exact problem. There is a check box for the date but there is no date displayed whether it's checked or unchecked. Very weird. I have the GS4 with AT&T.

subserved

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Actually, someone responded on xda-developers and told me changing the date format will make it display. I did that and it showed up. :D

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue. Changed date format and then back how I like it and good to go. Coming from another phone I just assumed the SGS4 didn't do the date. I missed that feature, thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

tojnk

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
And for the people (like me) who would like to know where to change the date format: (translated from Dutch)
Settings -> More -> Date and Time -> Select date format
I changed it to yyyy-mm-dd

Now the date shows on the lock screen and the notification screen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781