I'm looking for an email app that will notify you the second an email comes in instead of having to manually refresh the stock email app that comes with the phone (or have only a refresh rate of 5 mins, 15 minutes, etc). Is there an app out there like that? Coming from a blackberry that's one of the things I'm missing about it cause blackberry has pretty much push notifications built in for everything. Thanks!
    05-16-2013 11:31 PM
    I'm looking for an email app that will notify you the second an email comes in instead of having to manually refresh the stock email app that comes with the phone (or have only a refresh rate of 5 mins, 15 minutes, etc). Is there an app out there like that? Coming from a blackberry that's one of the things I'm missing about it cause blackberry has pretty much push notifications built in for everything. Thanks!
    I use the "Email" app that came with the phone. Not the Gmail one but the "Email" one for all my emails including Gmail. It pushes to me instantly
    05-16-2013 11:34 PM
    Wow really? That doesn't happen for me for some reason. I've been sending myself test emails too and I'm not getting any push notification. And the only notification option I see in that app is checked off which is the "Notify in status bar when email arrives." Am I missing something here?
    05-16-2013 11:43 PM
    I never receive push emails from the stock email app either. I use gmail and yahoo email apps, both push instantly and look much better than the stock email app.
    05-17-2013 12:10 AM
    I never receive push emails from the stock email app either. I use gmail and yahoo email apps, both push instantly and look much better than the stock email app.
    I downloaded the gmail app as well but that still doesn't push to me instantly. In fact I sent multiple emails to my gmail account and have yet to receive a notification. I have to manually hit the refresh button on the app to see my new emails...
    05-17-2013 12:15 AM
    I downloaded the gmail app as well but that still doesn't push to me instantly. In fact I sent multiple emails to my gmail account and have yet to receive a notification. I have to manually hit the refresh button on the app to see my new emails...
    Go to your gmail app and hit settings, click on your account, make sure sync gmail is checked, that should fix the issue. I have one account that isn't checked and I don't get push because I rather check that one manually.
    05-17-2013 12:30 AM
    Try aqua-mail, you can only set up a few accounts in the free version, but try it out.
    It supports inap-push.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    05-17-2013 12:30 AM
    Also make sure on your pull down menu your toggle is highlighted to "sync".
    05-17-2013 12:32 AM
    I recommend Aqua Mail. It's pretty simple to use.

Sent from my GT-I9500
    05-17-2013 12:46 AM
    I am using the Gmail app and the Email app that come with the phone. Both push my e-mails to my phone right away. I use the Email app for my Hotmail account. Just have to make sure both are set to "Push". I think by default the Email app is set to 15 mins or something....
    05-17-2013 01:19 AM
    Go to your gmail app and hit settings, click on your account, make sure sync gmail is checked, that should fix the issue. I have one account that isn't checked and I don't get push because I rather check that one manually.
    I can't check the box "Sync Gmail" because it says "unavailable because auto sync app data is OFF." How/where do I turn that on?
    05-17-2013 01:38 AM
    I am using the Gmail app and the Email app that come with the phone. Both push my e-mails to my phone right away. I use the Email app for my Hotmail account. Just have to make sure both are set to "Push". I think by default the Email app is set to 15 mins or something....
    Is there an option in the settings that set it to "Push?" I only see the options for the email app as "never, every 5 mins, 15 mins, 10 minutes, hour, etc..."

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend Aqua Mail. It's pretty simple to use.

Sent from my GT-I9500
    Thanks! I'll have to look into that!
    05-17-2013 01:41 AM
    I can't check the box "Sync Gmail" because it says "unavailable because auto sync app data is OFF." How/where do I turn that on?
    On your pull down menu make sure the toggle Sync is highlighted, thats whats causing the problem of email not pushing in. I just tested it on mine and without that it won't push email and give same "unavailable because auto sync app data is OFF." Then make sure you go back into your gmail app and check that sync gmail. I hope I was able to help
    jaxterzz likes this.
    05-17-2013 01:58 AM
    On your pull down menu make sure the toggle Sync is highlighted, thats whats causing the problem of email not pushing in. I just tested it on mine and without that it won't push email and give same "unavailable because auto sync app data is OFF." Then make sure you go back into your gmail app and check that sync gmail. I hope I was able to help
    Thanks!! That did do the trick! That little sneaky Sync toggle. :P

So right now when I send myself an email and my phone is sleeping (screen is turned off), I don't get a push notification instantly. It doesn't alert me. However, once I unlock my phone and go to the home screen I instantly get the push notification of a new email. Is that how it is for you too?
    05-17-2013 02:22 AM

So right now when I send myself an email and my phone is sleeping (screen is turned off), I don't get a push notification instantly. It doesn't alert me. However, once I unlock my phone and go to the home screen I instantly get the push notification of a new email. Is that how it is for you too?
    The screen won't come on when I get an e-mail, but it will make the noise&vibrate and the LED will light up.
    05-17-2013 04:36 AM

Glad I was able to help
    That depends if you have the blocking mode on? I have my block mode set at night so I won't be woken up with any messages/sounds/calls etc. As soon as I get a email I hear the tone, even when phone is sleeping. Might be a setting that needs to be changed on ur end? Make sure on your setting that notifications is checked and that inbox sound is turned on as well in your gmail settings.
    05-17-2013 01:32 PM