Hi...no doubt missing something.

But I used to have my old phone set so that I could go right to a favorite app from a lock screen icon.

With the new S4, I see that setting in "Lock Screen Widgets"---but it is grayed out.

Is there any way to enable it?

TIA
    05-17-2013 05:52 AM
    If you have any type of security for your lockscreen the setting will be grayed out.
    monsieurms likes this.
    05-17-2013 06:42 AM
    That option will only be available when you have a non-secure lockscreen and the "Multiple Widgets on Lockscreen" option is active. Also, you can add a bottom row of apps to the main lockscreen page by enabling the shortcut option (different from the Favorite Apps widget).
    monsieurms likes this.
    05-17-2013 07:55 AM
    If you have any type of security for your lockscreen the setting will be grayed out.
    I do have security....on my HTC, however, you could nonetheless see the icons you set specifically for lock screen and drag them to the circle to oopen the phone. THEN you'd get the request to enter the password. It just saved a step.
    05-18-2013 03:16 PM
    Just want to chime in here because I found this on a search and discovered a workaround for those who have a security pin or password. This is galaxy S3 android 4.1.1

Settings->Lock screen->Screen Lock
    Change to "Swipe" no security (this will be temporary). It will go back to Lock Screen, and then Lock Screen options is available. You can change your lock screen apps.
    After you have done this go back to
    Settings->Lock screen->Screen lock
    Put your security back in place (pin/passwd etc)

Buzz
    05-19-2013 03:44 PM
    Just want to chime in here because I found this on a search and discovered a workaround for those who have a security pin or password. This is galaxy S3 android 4.1.1

Settings->Lock screen->Screen Lock
    Change to "Swipe" no security (this will be temporary). It will go back to Lock Screen, and then Lock Screen options is available. You can change your lock screen apps.
    After you have done this go back to
    Settings->Lock screen->Screen lock
    Put your security back in place (pin/passwd etc)

Buzz
    Thanks for that idea, but it did not work.

First, as I had it set up with security, there were NO apps at all on the lock screen.

Then, changing it to swipe, and selecting the lock screen option, the setting under General Settings that says "Favorite Apps or Camera" is STILL grayed out. You can only select "clock or personal message" (I'd selected Clock). Then the clock widget has other options.

EDIT: after I posted the above, I saw this in another thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...rite-apps.html
    05-20-2013 05:56 AM