So. I've been plying some Xbox, lots of rumble features on the controller, and I pick up my phone. It feels like the haptic feedback is little to none. The vibration features otherwise feel the same. Was I just desensitized from games?
    I do as follows:
    Restart: Same Feel
    Toggle Haptic on/off: Same feel
    Turn off, remove/replace battery, and then back on: Better, the softkeys felt stronger again but swiftkey's response feel very dull compared to the stock Samsung's. It still goes at it strong when I use key's secondary features.

Now my problem is I can't tell what I had before, compared to now. I know it sounds stupid but I easily second guess myself, I mean, once you think something is gone it is easy to question if it was ever there. I need to make sure something isn't wrong as my exchange rate is fast approaching. I'll probably stop in an AT&T store tomorrow and test it just to make sure. So. For those using haptic feedback:

-Should I be getting Haptic feedback when I tap on icons?
    -What can I touch on the general UI that should provide feedback?
    -Is swiftkey toned down compared to the rest of the stuff?
    -Is this a possible hardware issue?

Thanks for the reassurance guys!
    05-17-2013 06:31 AM
    I think you're ok. The haptic feedback on my swiftkey keyboard is barely noticeable as well.

You shouldn't get any feedback when tapping icons. I believe it's only when on your keyboard.
    DioramaMaker likes this.
    05-17-2013 06:40 AM
    I think you're ok. The haptic feedback on my swiftkey keyboard is barely noticeable as well.

You shouldn't get any feedback when tapping icons. I believe it's only when on your keyboard.
    Okay, sounds good man. Thank you. After stepping away from the xbox for a bit it seems back in order. Perhaps just desensitized.

HOWEVER, side note. I went and looked again at Swiftkey's settings and you can increase the haptic feedback per button click as well as how long to hold for key alternatives. If ya didn't know and possibly wanted stronger feedback It's under advanced in the settings.
    05-17-2013 07:13 AM
    There's also a setting in the S4 for Haptic Feedback intensity. The default value is really low if you're used to gaming pads where the Rumble feature is meant to be part of the game, not just input feedback. Just remember, higher vibration intensity means higher drain from haptic feedback (there's a reason 'Power Saving Mode' turns that off)
    DioramaMaker likes this.
    05-17-2013 07:50 AM
    There's also a setting in the S4 for Haptic Feedback intensity. The default value is really low if you're used to gaming pads where the Rumble feature is meant to be part of the game, not just input feedback. Just remember, higher vibration intensity means higher drain from haptic feedback (there's a reason 'Power Saving Mode' turns that off)
    Wow thanks! I hadn't seen that before, and I'd been in and out of the settings a bunch! Just found it. Cool stuff, appreciate it.
    05-17-2013 10:38 PM
    Where is S4 haptic feedback setting at, im not using Swiftkey. Thanks
    05-24-2013 08:29 AM
    Where is S4 haptic feedback setting at, im not using Swiftkey. Thanks
    Settings... My device... Sound
    05-24-2013 08:32 AM