Typing Glitch

llyamah

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Having a bit of trouble with my phone. As far as I can tell, this only happens when I try typing emails, though I've not tested this enough to see if it is in other applications. [Edit - tested on the notes app and the SMS app - no problems].

I'll try to explain this as clearly as I can. I just started typing an email, when I got to the second line, the curser jumped back to the first line. The result is that I type and then mess up the first line. It is as if something is touching the screen and moving it up. I don't really know how else to explain it, but it is really annoying. It is literally preventing me from writing an email.

Does my problem at least make sense? Any help? [EDIT -DRIVING ME BONKERS!!!!]

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It does sound like something that COULD happen. First (I know, you probably tried this a million times already) clean off your screen; usually water droplets will cause touch points.

Second, test it elsewhere. I have the same issue when uploading a picture to Facebook and when trying a search on YouTube; on both, the culprit is the app and how it handles text input when doing something else in the background (Facebook looks for location info and then jumps back to initial letter; YouTube loads history and jumps back, then loads related and jumps back...)

llyamah

May 6, 2013
Visit site
It does sound like something that COULD happen. First (I know, you probably tried this a million times already) clean off your screen; usually water droplets will cause touch points.

Second, test it elsewhere. I have the same issue when uploading a picture to Facebook and when trying a search on YouTube; on both, the culprit is the app and how it handles text input when doing something else in the background (Facebook looks for location info and then jumps back to initial letter; YouTube loads history and jumps back, then loads related and jumps back...)

Screen is completely clean. It does, however, have a screen protector on it.

I've tried it in the text message app and it is fine. I have just tried it in the S Memo app and that is fine too.

justin1969

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi mate. I have the S4 also an have the Sam issue. I have clean screen a have OCD about the a things. Sen life on email from work . Have had to exchange twice. Yes it normally happens I emails which makes it almost impossible to sen emails. Must b . glitch with software.:- I have had screen protector on there but I replace I do not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair