Hi all

Having a bit of trouble with my phone. As far as I can tell, this only happens when I try typing emails, though I've not tested this enough to see if it is in other applications. [Edit - tested on the notes app and the SMS app - no problems].

I'll try to explain this as clearly as I can. I just started typing an email, when I got to the second line, the curser jumped back to the first line. The result is that I type and then mess up the first line. It is as if something is touching the screen and moving it up. I don't really know how else to explain it, but it is really annoying. It is literally preventing me from writing an email.

Does my problem at least make sense? Any help? [EDIT -DRIVING ME BONKERS!!!!]
    05-17-2013 08:44 AM
    It does sound like something that COULD happen. First (I know, you probably tried this a million times already) clean off your screen; usually water droplets will cause touch points.

Second, test it elsewhere. I have the same issue when uploading a picture to Facebook and when trying a search on YouTube; on both, the culprit is the app and how it handles text input when doing something else in the background (Facebook looks for location info and then jumps back to initial letter; YouTube loads history and jumps back, then loads related and jumps back...)
    05-17-2013 08:55 AM
    It does sound like something that COULD happen. First (I know, you probably tried this a million times already) clean off your screen; usually water droplets will cause touch points.

Second, test it elsewhere. I have the same issue when uploading a picture to Facebook and when trying a search on YouTube; on both, the culprit is the app and how it handles text input when doing something else in the background (Facebook looks for location info and then jumps back to initial letter; YouTube loads history and jumps back, then loads related and jumps back...)
    Screen is completely clean. It does, however, have a screen protector on it.

I've tried it in the text message app and it is fine. I have just tried it in the S Memo app and that is fine too.
    05-17-2013 09:02 AM
    Hi mate. I have the S4 also an have the Sam issue. I have clean screen a have OCD about the a things. Sen life on email from work . Have had to exchange twice. Yes it normally happens I emails which makes it almost impossible to sen emails. Must b . glitch with software.:- I have had screen protector on there but I replace I do not.
    05-25-2013 01:25 AM