S4 Initial Battery?

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I'm fairly new at this and I just ordered my S4 and is set to arrive the day of a party of mine. Since I'm a bit of a show off (gonna be the first with an S4 with friends haha) I'd like to know if the initial battery is enough to get me through one night. Also if its not a good idea to do so or I should charge it initially for a long time. Thanks!

hobbsave

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Battery comes about half charged 50% which should last 5-10 hours based in my experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm fairly new at this and I just ordered my S4 and is set to arrive the day of a party of mine. Since I'm a bit of a show off (gonna be the first with an S4 with friends haha) I'd like to know if the initial battery is enough to get me through one night. Also if its not a good idea to do so or I should charge it initially for a long time. Thanks!

Typically when you first get a new phone, you'll be spending a good amount of time setting it up/playing with it. I'd advise to let it go through the initial setup (download your apps, etc) and then stick it on the charger it comes with. One of the beneifts of the S4 is that it has a 2 amp charger which means it can charge pretty quickly. If you can spare 30 minutes to an hour to charge it, you should have enough battery to last a night.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It should for a couple of hours (let's face it, if you're gonna show it off you're gonna keep the screen on at all times, pressing and clicking and activating features and using them left and right... while in normal use 50% should even get you through a work day, it doesn't when you'll be pushing the phone to do everything :) ) In any case, remember that the best practice is to let your battery charge to 100%, let it discharge COMPLETELY until the phone shuts off on its own, and then re-charge to 100%. (NOTE: This is not to improve the battery, it actually doesn't give a rat's behind whether you charge it half-way or use 10%'s all the time, but the software needs to calibrate to accurately show your battery percentage)

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
It should for a couple of hours (let's face it, if you're gonna show it off you're gonna keep the screen on at all times, pressing and clicking and activating features and using them left and right... while in normal use 50% should even get you through a work day, it doesn't when you'll be pushing the phone to do everything :) ) In any case, remember that the best practice is to let your battery charge to 100%, let it discharge COMPLETELY until the phone shuts off on its own, and then re-charge to 100%. (NOTE: This is not to improve the battery, it actually doesn't give a rat's behind whether you charge it half-way or use 10%'s all the time, but the software needs to calibrate to accurately show your battery percentage)

This sounds interesting I might just try this, thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech