galaxy s4 music through aux on car stereo with jack plug

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You have to have a car stereo that has an "Aux" port to play it with. I do this in my car all the time. Just get a 2 sided male 3.5mm cord, plug one into the phone, and the other into the "Aux" port in the stereo...put the stereo in Aux mode and it should play

SERBDVB

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
i do the same thing as smooth4lyfe and works good to , and is somebody call me i can just answer the call and hear other party on my car speakers

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Just to add if need one I would look at monoprice for the cable.

There's no need to pay more than $5 for it. Monster Cable cost $19.99?!?!

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 s4 SGH-I377M

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Or use something like this for charging and aux out.

iBolt.co - Stay connected with your world.

Check your state's (country?) law for proper windshield placement of suction cup mounts. In California, for instance, we can only use the lower left and right corners of the front windshield or its a ticket.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

"(12) A portable Global Positioning System (GPS), which may be mounted in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver or in a five-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest to the driver and outside of an airbag deployment zone, if the system is used only for door-to-door navigation while the motor vehicle is being operated."

Armifera Fatum

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Either use a cord in the aux port into your headphone jack or If your car has a fancy little Bluetooth feature built in you could always pair your phone to you car.. (Yes I know repetitive from previous posts but I'm new so I wanted to feel a little important for .2 seconds lol) :D success!

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I live in Cali and was unaware of that but the iBolt can be used like this. I am currently using a cd player mounted carrier for my iPhone and whatever Android phone I am using at the moment.

Check your state's (country?) law for proper windshield placement of suction cup mounts. In California, for instance, we can only use the lower left and right corners of the front windshield or its a ticket.

V C Section 26708 Material Obstructing or Reducing Driver x2019 s View

"(12) A portable Global Positioning System (GPS), which may be mounted in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver or in a five-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest to the driver and outside of an airbag deployment zone, if the system is used only for door-to-door navigation while the motor vehicle is being operated."

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello there. We here at iBOLT have also launched our 9ft charging cable with aux-out as a separate item now, see here. Our cable will start the Samsung "DockMode" so you can use apps like the iBOLT Dock'n Drive as your "home screen" when driving. It also send the sound from all apps through the microUSB charging port to the 3.5 mm aux-out. Terrific 1-cable solution if your car has a 3.5 mm aux-in. It is also becoming popular for home use with "surround sound" systems and "boom boxes" as it allows you to stream music from the Phone's Pandora/TuneIn/Spotify type app into any speaker/stereo that features a 3.5 mm input. I'll make sure our friends here at Android Central have it for sale as well in the next few days.

Attachments

• prod01-ibp-41201.jpg
    prod01-ibp-41201.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 25
  • prod06-ibp-41201.jpg
    prod06-ibp-41201.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 27
  • prod04-ibp-41201.jpg
    prod04-ibp-41201.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 31

AugustArborists

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
MikaelPe, is the S3 cord different? My iBOLT S3 cord and/or windshield mount won't start docking mode on my S4. Thanks, I do like your products.

mohini-kr

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the aux input in my GM car. I can use it with my old Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) to listen to music with the car speakers using a male to mail cable. The same cable also works with my iPod nano. But now I have Samsung Galaxy S4 from AT&T, that does not work using the same method. Any ideas?

Thanks.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
The headphone jack on my S4 is a bit finnicky. Most 3.5mm plugs work fine, but the one that came with the adapter to add an aux input to my car stereo only worked intermittently. You can try jiggling it and making sure it's plugged in all the way, but you may end up just needing a different version of the same cable.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought a ibolt mount that holds the phone and gets the audio out via the USB port. The other end splits the USB and audio to charge and go to aux input.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4