05-22-2013 10:33 AM
85 1234
tools
    Exactly.....So its a moot point, cancels each other out. Its just an assumption that since some, maybe many companies do it.....why cant Apple? Why is Apple always above doing what other companies do? Because its Apple? No one really knew about poor AT&T online service for ordering phones until Verizon got the iPhone.

Cant find the article about poor AT&T ordering service.....but look at it logically: the iPhone broke launch, sale records on Verizon, Sprint, T Mo......was there many lines for those carriers compared to when the iPhone was exclusive to AT&T?

I have said many times....for some reason Apple is put on such a high pedestal by some ppl. They are just like any company for the most part.
    So why do you value android? Its just another mobile OS. see where I'm going with this?

Posted via Android Central App
    05-19-2013 10:33 PM
    Pure ignorance. There are three separate models of iPad and three separate models of iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Each new iPhone is a successor of the previous version. 3 versions of iPhone are sold concurrently, but there have been 6 iterations of the iPhone. But I believe that what MrBrownstone was trying to say was that Apple has one phone, the iPhone.
    05-19-2013 10:47 PM
    Each new iPhone is a successor of the previous version. 3 versions of iPhone are sold concurrently, but there have been 6 iterations of the iPhone. But I believe that what MrBrownstone was trying to say was that Apple has one phone, the iPhone.
    Except they don't. They have three separate versions, each with different specs and different features. They are three different phones.
    05-19-2013 11:00 PM
    I went to the store to get mine I launch day because I knew everyone else was buying online. There were only two people in line I front of me to get it when I showed up ten minutes before opening. Two others showed up while I was paying for my phone. Painless experience.

05-19-2013 11:14 PM
    That is an iphone thing. Most Andriod user will do a preorder, and have their phones delivered to them.
    Most savvy iPhone buyers purchase online as well. When I went to buy an iPhone 4 on the first day of availability I was number four in line. Pretty much everybody had preordered. I've preordered ever since. And, you have to admit, Apple has the online shipment system down.
    05-20-2013 12:21 AM
    So why do you value android? Its just another mobile OS. see where I'm going with this?

No, I dont.....to be honest. I dont see how that relates to my post you were replying to.... For one, I dont place Google or Android on a pedestal like some ppl place the iPhone, iOS, Apple.
    05-20-2013 08:00 AM
    No, I dont.....to be honest. I dont see how that relates to my post you were replying to.... For one, I dont place Google or Android on a pedestal like some ppl place the iPhone, iOS, Apple.
    Well said my friend......well said!
    05-20-2013 08:08 AM
    Suggesting a conspiracy with no evidence is not on equal logical grounds with the nonexistence of a conspiracy unless you just mean both are possible. Assigning the same probability to each because there is no evidence for either position is not rational, considering one position is a guess pulled out of thin air, the burden of proof is on the position assuming conspiracy exists, with the task being too use evidence to establish probability that is far beyond that of nonexistence and/or coincidence.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    05-20-2013 08:17 AM
    I totally agree with you because that's what I sort of did, I had preordered the S4, when I was called at release date after waiting two long weeks to be told I had to wait a few more days, I cancelled my order and got the HTC One. I sinced returned the HTC One and got the S4, both great phones but I often go through two batteries in a day and that's what did it for me.
    05-20-2013 08:59 AM
    They stand in line for the exact reason Star Wars fans camped out to see the prequels. Both products, in my opinion, are completely lackluster, uninteresting and over-hyped.
    05-20-2013 09:05 AM
    They stand in line for the exact reason Star Wars fans camped out to see the prequels. Both products, in my opinion, are completely lackluster, uninteresting and over-hyped.
    Treasonous blasphemy. The prequels sucked but not enough to start comparing them to apple line standers.

05-20-2013 09:47 AM
    Treasonous blasphemy. The prequels sucked but not enough to start comparing them to apple line standers.

Meh. I was a die hard SW fan until the prequels killed it for me. Still, my point was comradery between Appleites.

And 'treasonous'?! Against whom? The guy who decided midichlorians was a good idea? He needed to be overthrown anyway. LOL
    Aquila likes this.
    05-20-2013 10:54 AM
    Meh. I was a die hard SW fan until the prequels killed it for me. Still, my point was comradery between Appleites.

And 'treasonous'?! Against whom? The guy who decided midichlorians was a good idea? He needed to be overthrown anyway. LOL
    Probably the same jerk that thought I cared what Vader was like as a brat.

decepticlone likes this.
    05-20-2013 10:56 AM
    How about starting a nice Star Wars thread in the Lounge? George Lucas, you ruined my childhood!

Sent from my SGSIII
    Aquila likes this.
    05-20-2013 11:11 AM
    But by indirectly insulting Apple and their users, aren't you by implication elevating Android in general? This is one thing I've had to get accustomed to in Android forums since buying an Android phone recently - the almost obligatory put-down of Apple and its users. Well, as Oscar Wilde said, "There is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
    05-20-2013 11:21 AM
    Except they don't. They have three separate versions, each with different specs and different features. They are three different phones.
    I think you may be missing the important point, here. With the iPhone there's one manufacturer and each new model is designed to be an upgrade from the previous model. In other words, there's only one product line for the iPhone. There is now two for the iPad (regular and mini) and four for the iPod (shuffle, nano, touch and classic). With Android there are several manufacturers all putting out new versions of phones on multiple product lines. Given that they only release one new phone on this one line every 10-12 months, and that it's an objectively awesome product, it's easy to see why there's so much buzz for each release. Everyone who wants what will be the best iPhone for the next year is waiting for the exact same date and time. Which Android phone is the "best" is much more subjective and will change every couple months. There isn't a huge backlog of super devoted fans all waiting to get their hands on one product all at the same time. The S4 has been the closest thing to that since the original Droid debuted at Verizon and even then there were two phones being released simultaneously with almost no fan base.

I think that that fact, along with the tradition of waiting in line for each new phone are the main reasons you see it with iPhones but not Android phones.
    Aquila, tgp and jroc like this.
    05-20-2013 11:27 AM
    But by indirectly insulting Apple and their users, aren't you by implication elevating Android in general? This is one thing I've had to get accustomed to in Android forums since buying an Android phone recently - the almost obligatory put-down of Apple and its users. Well, as Oscar Wilde said, "There is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
    I didn't know anything I posted was an insult...... directly or indirectly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    05-20-2013 11:38 AM
    I didn't know anything I posted was an insult...... directly or indirectly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Maybe "insult" was too strong a word. I think there's a lot of misinformation on both sides of the table, though.
    jroc likes this.
    05-20-2013 11:49 AM
    I think you may be missing the important point, here. With the iPhone there's one manufacturer and each new model is designed to be an upgrade from the previous model. In other words, there's only one product line for the iPhone. There is now two for the iPad (regular and mini) and four for the iPod (shuffle, nano, touch and classic). With Android there are several manufacturers all putting out new versions of phones on multiple product lines. Given that they only release one new phone on this one line every 10-12 months, and that it's an objectively awesome product, it's easy to see why there's so much buzz for each release. Everyone who wants what will be the best iPhone for the next year is waiting for the exact same date and time. Which Android phone is the "best" is much more subjective and will change every couple months. There isn't a huge backlog of super devoted fans all waiting to get their hands on one product all at the same time. The S4 has been the closest thing to that since the original Droid debuted at Verizon and even then there were two phones being released simultaneously with almost no fan base.

I think that that fact, along with the tradition of waiting in line for each new phone are the main reasons you see it with iPhones but not Android phones.
    You seem to be missing the fact that there are actually three distinct iPhone models.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-20-2013 08:30 PM
    maybe the right answer here is "WHO CARES!" If you get your jollies by standing in line all night for a phone, knock yourself out!!! I got the phone I wanted and had the forthought to reserve one before launch...I walked in and picked it up AFTER I got off work!
    With 10 mil shipped in less then 30 days, I hardly think Samsung is worried about lines!

Cheers
    jroc likes this.
    05-20-2013 09:52 PM
    I always figured it was because Apple has their own stores.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P
    Ry likes this.
    05-20-2013 10:02 PM
    Primarily because there are multiple Android flagship launches per year, while there is only one iPhone launch annually. Since the last iPhone launch, how many Android-based flagship phones have come out?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    This and what others have said. Keep initial supply low and a small amount of stores and voila instant lines. Android devices are numerous and more widely available. Although the s4 was sold out around where I live for about a week and in limited supply for another week after that. Hmmm... to get a s4 or note2? That is the question.

05-20-2013 10:25 PM
    This may changed once Google opens up their own Google stores
    05-21-2013 01:51 AM
    I was curious why. On the firsr launch day, I didn't see anybody lining up for this phone. And where is the media covering people going crazy over this device?
    Simple. Because they arnt limited to just a few retailers and everyone who does offer it offers a preorders unlike apple crap

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    05-21-2013 03:07 AM
    Simple. Because they arnt limited to just a few retailers and everyone who does offer it offers a preorders unlike apple crap

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Every carrier that sells an apple device offers a preorder for it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    05-21-2013 03:15 AM
85 1234