05-22-2013 10:33 AM
85 ... 234
tools
    I always figured it was because Apple has their own stores.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P
    It was the case originally because, IIRC, the only place you could buy them was from the Apple Store. That isn't the case anymore but it's one of the reasons the tradition started.
    05-21-2013 09:48 AM
    Samsung's main consumer market are the developing countries - the China's and India's of the world.

By the way, that figure of $4,000,000,000+ for marketing fails to distinguish between Samsung's smartphone division and the parent company itself; "Samsung Group".

Do these people have any idea what the Mega-Conglomerate Samsung is involved with?
    Yeah I don't know where they got that. The figure for the electronics division, which was dominated by the phone division, was $400 million. Still more than anyone else, but not quite as outrageous a sum

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    05-21-2013 03:40 PM
    Wow.. This article is so biased!!

Samsungs Delusions of Relevance
    Samsung's Delusions of Relevance - The Mac Observer
    05-21-2013 08:05 PM

What do you expect from that kind of website?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Aquila likes this.
    05-21-2013 08:10 PM

As much as I recognize the bias and tone, I couldn't help but agree with many of the points made.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    return_0 and Ry like this.
    05-21-2013 08:15 PM
    As much as I recognize the bias and tone, I couldn't help but agree with many of the points made.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    I agree. I think Samsung is misreading the reasons for its success, and piling on software bloat thinking that it will continue their success. Who knows what the end result will be though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-21-2013 08:25 PM
    I was curious why. On the firsr launch day, I didn't see anybody lining up for this phone. And where is the media covering people going crazy over this device?
    there is one iPhone every year vs dozens of Android phones.
    05-21-2013 09:42 PM
    So can I assume if I decide at the last minute on the 23rd at 6PM to walk in a Verizon corporate store for the S4 they would have units available for sale?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk
    05-21-2013 09:54 PM
    Yeah that was clearly the case in my area
    05-22-2013 09:50 AM
    You seem to be missing the fact that there are actually three distinct iPhone models.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    If you're referring to the fact that the 4, 4S, and 5 are all actively for sale, then I'll point out that are also three distinct versions of the Samsung Galaxy S line, since the S2, S3, and S4 are now all in production and are available for sale as new units. If you're referring to the memory sizes on whatever the current iPhone version is, the same is true of many Android lines (the S4 is available, for example, in at least three memory capacities).

But the point is new releases. Apple will release one lineup of iPhone this year. Everyone who wants the latest sexy on Apple has one opportunity a year to be first, and everyone who wants iOS-based phone *must* buy an iPhone to get it. Those who want to be "first" have one day a year where they can lay claim to one on launch day.

Android enthusiasts currently have three flagship phones to choose from. People still wait in lines to get them and to be first, and there's no difference between the type of enthusiast who stands in line for an Android latest sexy and an Apple latest sexy. They want to be "first". But the Android line is generally split across three release dates and in some cases even more (AT&T released each memory size of the S4 on different days).

Apple coordinates their launch because having long lines generates buzz about the product and makes it seem more popular (or makes its valid popularity more visible, choose the phrasing you prefer). The enthusiasm surrounding any one Android launch is going to be less prominent because there are so many of them.
    jroc likes this.
    05-22-2013 10:33 AM
85 ... 234