Is anyone else having this issue today? The accuweather stock widget isn't refreshing anymore even when I press it manually. It's stuck at 2:37am this morning. I was wondering why it was so cold outside still. Lol. I tried removing the widget and adding it back on but problem still persists. Anyone having this issue at all? I wonder if it had anything to do with the servers at accuweather being down right now.
    05-17-2013 05:03 PM
    I'm experiencing the same issues as you. Hopefully someone can answer that question for us.
    Is kind of annoying whenever you wake up in the middle of the afternoon and it's 106 degrees and the phone is still reading 77.
    The other day we had a tornado warning they did not display anything.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-17-2013 07:06 PM
    Mine was showing me to be in a location 1100 miles from where I was at. I've never been to Miami, FL. There is a Miami in Texas, but that one is about 400 miles away.
    05-17-2013 07:49 PM
    Guess it doesn't like us texans lol
    05-17-2013 07:53 PM
    Same problem for me. My Galaxy S4 is one week old and the widget worked 2 days... :-(. What is nice is that it is frozen with a sunny weather
    NellieRose likes this.
    06-27-2013 08:22 AM
    I found that restarting the phone does it. Its annoying as hell but that seems like the only way to make it work again.
    08-07-2013 10:26 AM
    I had the same problem too, I just remove the widget and put it back. All works out
    08-07-2013 10:52 AM
    Have a try on My Weather Widget. It gets yahoo weather info with 5 days forecast. You can find it by searching myweatherwidget on Play.
    08-07-2013 04:54 PM
    I also noticed this. When the widget is not updating my battery life is great. I t has not updated in 4 days for me and I have went with only about 25% battery used. When it was updating it would use around 45-55% of the battery a day. So I did the smart thing and removed it. My wife's phone was using battery like crazy and when her widget stopped updating her battery life doubled. So there is a issue with the weather widget causing a battery drain. We both removed our widget now we are getting 2 days out of a charge compared to 1.
    08-09-2013 04:26 AM
    I've noticed this problem over the last 3 days or so. Refreshing it just continues to loop and do nothing. I've tried changing the update times and still nothing. Hopefully there will be a fix. Forgot to mention I'm not experiencing any noticeable battery drain issues.
    08-09-2013 06:46 AM
    My dad & I both have the S4, he had the issue while mine was fine.

What I figured out fixed his. He had the weather widget settings to "show current city" which uses GPS to find your location every time the weather updates, but he had his GPS off. I turned the GPS on & it refreshed fine. On my phone I entered my city manually, so I think it just uses the internet.

So open the weather widget, hit menu, setting, scroll to "show current city" & uncheck the box. Then enter your city manually. Otherwise try turning your GPS on if it was off
    NellieRose likes this.
    08-09-2013 07:58 AM
    My dad & I both have the S4, he had the issue while mine was fine.

What I figured out fixed his. He had the weather widget settings to "show current city" which uses GPS to find your location every time the weather updates, but he had his GPS off. I turned the GPS on & it refreshed fine. On my phone I entered my city manually, so I think it just uses the internet.

So open the weather widget, hit menu, setting, scroll to "show current city" & uncheck the box. Then enter your city manually. Otherwise try turning your GPS on if it was off
    This is great info and problem solving. There's another thread going about this issue that your findings may help correct. Thank you!

ETA: this did the trick for me. Thank you, Ant7088! I couldn't figure how it was keeping the weather in London UK correct but not here at home. Problem solved.
    08-09-2013 08:21 AM
    This is great info and problem solving. There's another thread going about this issue that your findings may help correct. Thank you!

ETA: this did the trick for me. Thank you, Ant7088! I couldn't figure how it was keeping the weather in London UK correct but not here at home. Problem solved.
    You're very welcome! Happy this helped you
    NellieRose likes this.
    08-09-2013 04:06 PM