I just got my S4, great phone, love it, could not be happier. The problem I have is that the standard "video player" icon is gone. I have the one that is just "video" which seems to be Samsung one because it is tied to "Samsung hub" and you can buy TV shows and whatnot (looks like purple bubble with white outlined triangle). I am looking for the normal android one (looks like movie film reel with purple triangle pointing to right), the one that is equivalent to music player that just shows all your music,audio books, podcast etc. Its not hidden, and when i go to application manager and show all apps,it shows I have it. Same with if I open a video on the internet, I am able to chose "video player" i just don't have the icon that opens it up and shows only my videos on my phone. Am i missing something, is the Samsung "video" one the new default?

Any help is much appreciated!
    05-18-2013 02:05 AM
    Same here! I just got the Verizon update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It removed the orignal video player and replaced it with this Samsung video app. The biggest problem for me is that the new player does not have the capture picture within the video button like the old player did. And before someone recommends using the screen capture with the pen. The pens screen capture resolution is so much lower quality than that button. That button took full high resolution pictures. How do we get that app back.
    01-11-2014 04:09 PM