Galaxy s4 battery life

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s4 extended battery life terrible?

When I had my S4, I hit almost 7 with the stock battery. And I can match that with my One and its 2300mah. It seems your awake times are terrible. Download an app like Wakelock detector to see what's waking your device. What are your sync settings? Do you have auto brightness on?

Christopher Congdon

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Auto brightness was on like half the time then the rest was full bright with lots of game playing.
Sync was on gps was on.
I basically tried to drain my battery by just using my phone nonstop with the screen on almost all the time.
I never left the screen on just to have it on tho.
So it was basically me using and waking the phone.

So you are saying you got almost 7 hours screen time with stock android battery?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Yes, and so have many others. It's possible with the phone.

Sync and GPS on will heavily drain your battery. Full brightness will absolutely eat through it. Auto, all the time. Sync off. GPS off (unless you're using nav). Download and try out Snap Dragon battery guru

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

This is not stock battery tho. Is this acceptable for an extended 5200mah battery?

NO it is not, I got way more life than that when I used a 4400 mah battery. U probably have a bunch of background processes draining your battery. Or u didn't follow the instructions u were given when u bought the battery

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Here are my settings and battery I have all my features turned on and to save a lot of battery I took off Google now that traffic crap takes so much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-03-23-10-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-03-23-10-08.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2013-07-03-23-10-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-03-23-10-00.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 39
Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Here are my settings and battery I have all my features turned on and to save a lot of battery I took off Google now that traffic crap takes so much.

U will always save battery when ur device is idle

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea I didn't use it a lot yesterday.

I think it is funny when someone pays a fortune for a state of the art smartphone then turns off every feature that makes it "smart" to get great battery life. Put a charger in your car and at work and pick up a spare battery!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I think it is funny when someone pays a fortune for a state of the art smartphone then turns off every feature that makes it "smart" to get great battery life. Put a charger in your car and at work and pick up a spare battery!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I have all my setting on the only thing I turned off was Google Now because I don't find it useful. I get a day an a half with my battery even with all the features turned on.

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I really like Google now is I can open it and it tells me how long it takes me to get home.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Spartacus MD

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I got 14 hours with 4 hours screen time out of my phone. Is that good? Google services took up 20% battery....

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I got 14 hours with 4 hours screen time out of my phone. Is that good? Google services took up 20% battery....

Depends, we're u mainly using wifi? Was sync on? GPS?

Sometimes, the Google services thing just balloons out of no where, a reboot usually fixes it tho

Spartacus MD

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Depends, we're u mainly using wifi? Was sync on? GPS?

Sometimes, the Google services thing just balloons out of no where, a reboot usually fixes it tho

Mainly wifi, gps off, sync on, few games, some research/medscape app, lots of texting and using androud central app app a lot. Air view on and air gesture on. Multi window on

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I really like Google now is I can open it and it tells me how long it takes me to get home.

Sent from my SCH-I545

You know you can set a traffic widget for this, right?

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Yes, and so have many others. It's possible with the phone.

Sync and GPS on will heavily drain your battery. Full brightness will absolutely eat through it. Auto, all the time. Sync off. GPS off (unless you're using nav). Download and try out Snap Dragon battery guru
Looking at his screen shots it doesn't appear as if GPS is using hardly any battery at all. Navigation is usually the only time GPS sucks your battery unless you set your phone up to not use net based location services.

It doesn't look like background stuff, either, otherwise more of the battery drain would be from stuff like Google Services, Android System or Android OS. It's almost certainly the screen brightness and that Bloons TD 5 game (which I'm assuming was what was keeping it on during the heavy awake times) as those two things account for 77% of his total battery usage.

Rnkriis

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I turned Google Now off on mine and I've got to say that I think my battery life has almost doubled.... When I had it on, my S4 was almost dead by 4:00-5:00 with starting at 6:00 am with moderate use, I turned it off and it's now 10:00 and still sitting at 35% with no charging thru out the day.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't the traffic widget use up power?

I use a Shortcut to Map/Nav. That way it only comes on when clicked. (admittedly, never tested how much the widget uses, but has to be more than a shortcut)

Yes any widget or anything your phone does uses up power.. But I personally believe you should use and enjoy your phone because that's why we get them.. For the functionality (or most of us). You can always charge it back up :).

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes any widget or anything your phone does uses up power.. But I personally believe you should use and enjoy your phone because that's why we get them.. For the functionality (or most of us). You can always charge it back up :).

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
There are people who understand this whole smartphone thing! I knew you had to exist, thank you for showing yourself ... :D
The market demands these devices become more and more powerful (which they have), yet people run in horror because they have to plug these "mini" computers in to charge the equally mini battery every now and then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet