So from what I understand the GS4 has its speaker on the back of the phone? Does that inhibit sound quality while holding it or laying it on its back? I'm a future android owner coming from an IPhone & I'm debating between the GS4 and the HTC ONE. From what I hear of the HTC ONE the beats audio can be a little louder than wanted? Guidance please! Lol
    05-18-2013 08:02 AM
    From what I hear of the HTC ONE the beats audio can be a little louder than wanted? Guidance please! Lol
    Volume rocker?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    20blks likes this.
    05-18-2013 08:37 AM
    So from what I understand the GS4 has its speaker on the back of the phone? Does that inhibit sound quality while holding it or laying it on its back? I'm a future android owner coming from an IPhone & I'm debating between the GS4 and the HTC ONE. From what I hear of the HTC ONE the beats audio can be a little louder than wanted? Guidance please! Lol
    I came from iPhone and wondered if the speaker on the back would be an issue. It's not at all. I definitely prefer it over having the speaker on the front...looking all ugly.
    barryl85 likes this.
    05-18-2013 09:06 AM
    Nothing beats personal experience. Go to the store and ask to hear both playing a video or music. If you'll be listening to headphones a lot then don't forget to bring your favorite pair and also hear how they sound on each phone too.
    05-18-2013 09:10 AM
    My opinion, the speaker quality on the Samsung is actually pretty nice with adequate sound levels. That said...

Listening to the speakers on The One is pretty amazing especially if you're using something like you tube where you're looking at the screen. I was impressed more by the sound quality then the volume level (which is also good)

Htc One just excels in this category but the Samsung is still nice

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    05-18-2013 11:09 AM
    I have both the One (personal use) and the S4 (work use). Both are loud, but the quality of sound coming from the one is the real difference. The One is in a league of it's own when it cones to smartphone external speaker quality.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-18-2013 10:53 PM
    I came from iPhone and wondered if the speaker on the back would be an issue. It's not at all. I definitely prefer it over having the speaker on the front...looking all ugly.
    I would have to agree, be nice to have One's speaker quality without having the holes on the front, lol beggars can't be choosers I suppose.
    05-18-2013 11:10 PM