Just wondering as I'm in the process of setting up my 32GB S4. I was fortunate enough to upgrade from my 16GB to this. ( By the way, the black mist color variant is awesome.) I've got about 500 tunes through iTunes and have everything set up with all the meta-data, album art, etc...yes I can use Google music as it does perform nicely and stores everything in the cloud. But with the Native app, and using a nice feature of the S4 whereby you can control what plays by hand gesture and utilizing S-voice to switch tracks is intriguing.
    If anyone is using this, what's the best way you've found to accomplish? As I'd like to do this right, as now I've got the space for it and my apps. Everything else would go to the SD card.
    I've tried Kies and to put it nicely, it's dreadful.
    Any assistance or feedback from my fellow S4 owners would be welcomed and appreciated!
    Thanks in advance
    05-18-2013 10:03 AM
    Yep. I use the Samsung native music app. It's pretty good and I have no issues with it. There are other forum members who use alternative apps and I'm sure they'll be able to give you suggestions.

I used Easy Phone Sync to move my music (and other data) from iTunes and an IPhone back up (I was an ex iPhone user).

Easy Phone Sync is free and officially supports Galaxy phones (I think the developers and Samsung have a deal). You can find out and download from here: Home (Mac and Windows).

Hope that helps.
    skiner5246 likes this.
    05-18-2013 10:19 AM
    Just wondering as I'm in the process of setting up my 32GB S4. I was fortunate enough to upgrade from my 16GB to this. ( By the way, the black mist color variant is awesome.) I've got about 500 tunes through iTunes and have everything set up with all the meta-data, album art, etc...yes I can use Google music as it does perform nicely and stores everything in the cloud. But with the Native app, and using a nice feature of the S4 whereby you can control what plays by hand gesture and utilizing S-voice to switch tracks is intriguing.
    If anyone is using this, what's the best way you've found to accomplish? As I'd like to do this right, as now I've got the space for it and my apps. Everything else would go to the SD card.
    I've tried Kies and to put it nicely, it's dreadful.
    Any assistance or feedback from my fellow S4 owners would be welcomed and appreciated!
    Thanks in advance
    First off I have an S3, not an S4, but most of the stock apps are similar from what I understand...

Kies is practically useless unless you want to back up certain aspects of your device, like contacts texts, etc...so you aren't alone there. Lol...

Anywho...your question: I use that stock app. Mainly because I hate every other 3rd party app for some reason or another. The only thing I would say is have your music on your SD card (as I understand your statement, you don't), This keps your internal storage for apps and such. I don't really use the hand gestures or voice commands. For me, I would rather clear up as much RAM as possible for other apps.

I have over 700 tunes, and I mainly wire my S3 into my car, pick a random song, and let shuffle do it's thing. Simple, basic, yes. I did modify the tabs up on top through the in app settings. For example, I took out music square (never really understood the logic behind it either through set up or it's music selection) and a few other things. I just kept the All songs, artists, albums, and playlists.
    skiner5246 likes this.
    05-18-2013 10:30 AM