Full Screen web browsing feature doesn't work

MrBrownstone

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I select the check box for full screen web browsing however the phone won't recognize the change. How do I get it to work?

When the screen is used north & south it's not a big deal, however when using it east/west it eats up a sizeable portion of the screen.

Posted via Android Central App

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
All "full screen" does is hide the status bar at the top of the screen. Is that working for you - if so, that's all full screen will do. It apparently doesn't have the same functionality as on earlier phones.

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Try boat browser. Best full screen browser by far. Even the notification bar disappears. So much faster than chrome too!!

Posted via Android Central App

AlienHack

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
All "full screen" does is hide the status bar at the top of the screen. Is that working for you - if so, that's all full screen will do. It apparently doesn't have the same functionality as on earlier phones.

In full screen mode it should hide the address bar shouldn't it? Like it does on my samsung note 2 with android 4.1.2.
on my Samsung mega that I have this problem with android 4.2.2 the address bar stays upthere...

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
In full screen mode it should hide the address bar shouldn't it? Like it does on my samsung note 2 with android 4.1.2.
on my Samsung mega that I have this problem with android 4.2.2 the address bar stays upthere...

As best I can tell, on Jelly Bean it will only hide the notification bar. This is apparently by design.

AlienHack

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
So in android 4.2.2 you cant hide the address bar of the default android browser?

- - - Updated - - -

So in android 4.2.2 you cant hide the address bar of the default android browser?

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

That's been my experience, but I might be missing something. The description of the full screen setting in the stock browser is "Use Full screen mode to hide the status bar," which I think indicates that's all it will do.