Multi Window feature doesn't work

MrBrownstone

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I followed the directions in the mini manual provided by the manufacturer but the feature where I can view one app over the other doesn't work.

When I used YouTube on my previous device, I could dark the screen and the video would still play do that I could still hear audio. If I had that feature OR the ability to text or to access my EQ etc that would be all would need. Anyone know a solution?

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
To activate multi-window the notification bar toggle for that feature MUST BE ON. To activate it long-press the back button until the multiwindow bar shows up. Just remember, not all apps are multi-window compatible, so you won't see all of them in there. The YouTube app IS compatible, but not if you are watching the video via browser.

I can't recall in my SII, but on my Note 2 and the S4, if you're watching a YouTube video and you turn the screen off, the whole video (and therefore, audio) stops. I still haven't found an option to disable this.

MrBrownstone

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Still not working based upon your suggestion. Just in case, I thought I'd try twice, even factory data reset. No luck.

Thanks anyway

May 2, 2013
Visit site
A million thank. I use multi-window a lot, but the tab often disappears, I love the long press of the back button !

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

Each3

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Still not working based upon your suggestion. Just in case, I thought I'd try twice, even factory data reset. No luck.

Thanks anyway

Are you dragging the icon to the screen to activate the multi screen?

Get on the default Internet app then press the back button to bring up the list of compatible apps and then drag one to the screen and it should snap it

mufaddal.ezzi

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently on 4.1.2 (official version) un rooted..my muti window crashes alot when using the apps sometimes it make me so angry because whenever it crashes all the apps I was in exits and force closes..anyone can help me fix this

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on 4.1.2 (official version) un rooted..my muti window crashes alot when using the apps sometimes it make me so angry because whenever it crashes all the apps I was in exits and force closes..anyone can help me fix this
If you are on 4.1.2 you apparently don't own an S4....... may be you should try to find answers on the S3 forum ................

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke