Well looks like IGN pissed some people off. I on the other hand learned something or better yet confirmed what I already suspected. Now before I say what I am going to say let me get something clear. I am only confirming an observation I had. Not bashing. Not fanboyism. Just saying what I think. The htc one is android iphone.

After watching this review of known iphone fanboys and many other IMO with the same title, it just dawn on me why they hate the S4 and not the htc one. I mean if you really break down both phones they basically do the same thing. The reason why it dawn on me that the htc one is the android iphone is if you look at the review you'll notice that it said the S4 build isn't premium like the iphone and the htc one. Like many others. That's when it dawn on me and made since where all the real hype is coming from for that phone. For years there has been a lot of envy over the iphone hardware when it comes to android phones.

Htc knew this and was smart enough to run with it. Brilliant move if you ask me. If my company was failing hard like them I would have probably done the same thing. My only problem with this is I hope samsung don't buckle and change their whole design up just to appease a few people because I have become accustomed to their phone desing and having all 3 captive buttons on the bottom. Just felt like sharing my thoughts. Thanks for reading
    05-18-2013 06:16 PM
    I knew it was a biased review when I read that title that said " cheap thrills" and sure enough they loved the iphone and the htc one. You can tell right away who's biased when they say its just like the s3.. Lol its so obvious o well me and the 10 million other happy s4 owners will know the truth

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    05-18-2013 09:33 PM
    The review seemed more concerned with style and sheen over actual function.

If the One had an sd slot, it would be selling a lot better. HTC tried to screw people over several years ago with usb/audio rather than a 3.5mm audio jack and now wanting to be like the Apple wannabe Nexus with no sd slot.
    05-19-2013 07:10 AM
    and the 10 million other happy s4 owners will know the truth

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    This.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-19-2013 07:16 AM
    IGN is a gaming site, their bias and ignorance here is not surprising. I don't even trust them for fair and decent gaming reviews.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-19-2013 09:12 AM
    It's interesting to watch that video. I was struggling to find if this was a review of the S4 or plug for the One? A proper review should reflect the product that is both thought provoking and unbiased, so that the consumer can choose the best solution to solve his/her needs. And clearly, this was not the case here. Yes, they are entitled to their opinions but ill throw in my observations.
    He lauds the HTC One and iPhone for design, then trashes the S4 on using "cheap" plastic? What evidence is there to support "cheap"? If he had the production costs for each design listed, and the S4 was in fact "less costly" to produce out of the three, he would have some credibility here. How about durability? If I'm going to carry around a hand- sized piece of aluminum and glass all day, I for one welcome the durability that "plastic" affords me. Also, if I sold ump-teen million phones with my previous unit (S3) would I really feel the need to radically change the hardware with my new offering? Just for change sake?
    Secondly, he states the screen is very nice , but no mention that Samsung managed to place a bigger screen inside a device with a smaller footprint from its predecessor that is both thinner and lighter than before. (which is a known fact, and a engineering feat in itself.)
    He goes on to say the features that the phone offers are "gimmicky" and "non-useful" to the average person. Who gave him the authority to make that statement? Simply list what the device can do, and let the prospective customers see if they can utilize them or not in their day to day routines. Maybe they'll use them, maybe not. I for one are glad they are included. And I can then make my own decision to choose what I find is most helpful for ME, and what is not so helpful.
    I just think its bad, presumptuous, and biased reviews like this that take the power of objectivity from people to make informed decisions for themselves. I like oranges, someone else may like bananas, while someone else loves grapes. Just state the features/benefits of each and let people choose objectively what will work best for THEM.
    Just my $.02

Note: I own a Samsung galaxy S4 and I approve this message.
    madlaw1071 and killadon like this.
    05-19-2013 09:42 AM
    I thought their review was extremely bias. They need to stick to reviewing video games.

sent from my galaxy s4
    05-19-2013 09:53 AM
    I thought their review was extremely bias. They need to stick to reviewing video games.

sent from my galaxy s4
    They're no good at that either.
    skiner5246 likes this.
    05-19-2013 09:57 AM
    They're no good at that either.
    I agree lol

sent from my galaxy s4
    txtoast likes this.
    05-19-2013 10:05 AM
    It's interesting to watch that video. I was struggling to find if this was a review of the S4 or plug for the One? A proper review should reflect the product that is both thought provoking and unbiased, so that the consumer can choose the best solution to solve his/her needs. And clearly, this was not the case here. Yes, they are entitled to their opinions but ill throw in my observations.
    He lauds the HTC One and iPhone for design, then trashes the S4 on using "cheap" plastic? What evidence is there to support "cheap"? If he had the production costs for each design listed, and the S4 was in fact "less costly" to produce out of the three, he would have some credibility here. How about durability? If I'm going to carry around a hand- sized piece of aluminum and glass all day, I for one welcome the durability that "plastic" affords me. Also, if I sold ump-teen million phones with my previous unit (S3) would I really feel the need to radically change the hardware with my new offering? Just for change sake?
    Secondly, he states the screen is very nice , but no mention hat Samsung managed to place a bigger screen inside a device with a smaller footprint from its predecessor that is both thinner and lighter than before. (which is a known fact, and a engineering feat in itself.)
    He goes on to say the features that the phone offers are "gimmicky" and "non-useful" to the average person. Who gave him the authority to make that statement? Simply list what the device can do, and let the prospective customers see if they can utilize them or not in their day to day routines. Maybe they'll use them, maybe not. I for one are glad they are included. And I can then make my own decision to choose what I find is most helpful for ME, and what is not so helpful.
    I just think its bad, presumptuous, and biased reviews like this that take the power of objectivity from people to make informed decisions for themselves. I like oranges, someone else may like bananas, while someone else loves grapes. Just state the features/benefits of each and let people choose objectively what will work best for THEM.
    Just my $.02

Note: I own a Samsung galaxy S4 and I approve this message.
    My thoughts exactly. Glad to see my first thread ever is doing well with great and thought out post.
    skiner5246 likes this.
    05-19-2013 10:14 AM