[Petition] S4 32gb and 64gb

demlasjr

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone.

I started a petition to Samsung to release the 32GB and the 64GB S4, as it seems their microsites are showing only 16GB (the 32 and 64gb has been removed).
However, if we don't make some noise, don't expect that to get respect from Samsung.
Please sign this petition. I will do my best to forward it to Samsung Mobile Division and retailers.

http://www.change.org/petitions/release-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-with-32-and-64-gb-internal-memory

More info on the petition page.

Thank you.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I signed making it 200 signatures today :) and I do have the 32GB on ATT, but WANT the 64GB and my next phone better have 64GB of internal space. Although I understand that the app Foldermount is supposed to work, so I have to try it once I get rooted.

demlasjr

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I signed making it 200 signatures today :) and I do have the 32GB on ATT, but WANT the 64GB and my next phone better have 64GB of internal space. Although I understand that the app Foldermount is supposed to work, so I have to try it once I get rooted.

Thanks for signing. I'm out of patience waiting for the damn S4 with the 32gb (it's enough for me if no 64gb). Foldermount is working, but not for everyone, at least not with the default kernel as I've seen. Also it's sucks because when the folder is mounted you still see your memory occupied when in facts the app is on sdcard. You need to unmount the app to see the free space into the internal memory. I guess that if you have a lot of gigs with app on your sdcard, your phone will show the disk space exceeded warning even with the internal memory free (because Foldermount trick the phone)

Still the best option is the 32 or 64 GB. The internal memory it's more faster than the sdcard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I think your barking up the wrong tree here! While it's a free country and you can petition any one you want, Samsung has already released the 32GB model on ATT and will probably make them available to the remaining carriers that order them! BUT, Samsung can't force the carriers to offer the 32GB or 64GB models to their customers!
Now if Samsung refused to offer the expanded storage devices to begin with, then your petition would make more sense!
The fact remains that these carriers don't want the added model numbers to inventory during the initial launch period taking up valuable stock quotas from more popular models...AKA, 16GB model! Your real problem here is with the rest of us who don't need the extra space and will purchase the 16GB model and more importantly are unwilling to pay extra for the bigger storage...we make up the vast magority of the S4s sold and everyone along this supply chain is marketing for this customer!
I can understand your impatience to get the S4 in the flavor you need, but I'm doubtful a petition with even 20000 signitures on it would move the meter at a company looking to sell millions of devices, but then again, maybe Samsung could use info like this to move carriers on the fence! Good luck in your goal!

Cheers

Cheers

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This is true. The carriers and retailers are the bad guys in this case. Samsung though is a willing accomplice in order to get their 10 million launch into channels (not consumers) and backing the carriers up by amplifying the BS misleading claim that the 16gb is fine and all is fixed with a sd card.

demlasjr

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't need the 32gb from a career, in fact I want it unlocked from Amazon. Is Amazon a bad retailer? No, I talked with them and Samsung have no 32gb version to order. Last year they had the 32gb version. If there are no retailers to order the 32gb, why Samsung don't open an online store like Samsung and sell their own products?

Le: btw, Samsung UK declared that there is no 32gb version but will be released in the "near future". It seems like their problem. Hope "near future" isn't like when they said they will release the Exynos code

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463