Any iPhone owners?

Jfazyankees13

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I doubt you'll find many of those lol. For years I said I'd never switch from iPhone to Android and I'm finally taking the plunge with the Galaxy S4 when my Verizon pre-order arrives on Tuesday. Ultra-stale iOS and iPhone's tiny screen just can't compete anymore.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I doubt you'll find many of those lol. For years I said I'd never switch from iPhone to Android and I'm finally taking the plunge with the Galaxy S4 when my Verizon pre-order arrives on Tuesday. Ultra-stale iOS and iPhone's tiny screen just can't compete anymore.

I wouldn't say it can't compete. Sales prove people still have GREAT interest in it.

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4

Jfazyankees13

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say it can't compete. Sales prove people still have GREAT interest in it.

I should've been more clear. It can't compete in eyes of those who are at least relatively tech-savvy. Most iPhone users jump to what's popular, not what's actually the best.

slappy#IM

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I just jumped a from iPhone 5 to the S4 a couple of weeks ago. I loved my iPhone and still love my iPad Mini, MacBook Air. I was tempted by the large screen and associated larger UI. I love the screen, the customizability, etc. I can't see going back anytime soon, but I do miss the ease of use of some core apps, better battery life, and Apple ecosystem integration. I feel that Android finally has a true competitor in the S4, HTC One, LG Optimus Pro, etc. Apple needs to step it up. I love that there is real competition now between these two.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have an iPhone 5 but the iPhone 4s as well as my friend he had the iPhone 5 and we have been really enjoying the phones much more than the iPhone..

I still love my ipad/macbook pro & iMac but for phones - S4 is awesome and something different :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Carl Sanchez

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious to see how apple can counter act the android convert trend. Let's see them woo me into getting the i6

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

RG13

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got my galaxy s4 today and I love it...dont think im go back to my iPhone 5
Its too basic, apple needs to step its game up with the OS.
I did wish thought that the galaxy s4 came with more memory, 16gb with half
It in used its whats killing me right now.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
What's it gonna take for Apple to get u guys(as well as others) to get these now android converts back?

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
That switched to the galaxy s4 find themselves switching back to the i5?

Been an iPhone (3G, 4S, 5) user since 2010 and i switched to GS4. LOVING IT. :)) I'm guessing i'll start purchasing Samsung/Android products from now on. And what i've noticed is Android is more "customizable" than the iOS which i found very great.

Jfazyankees13

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
What's it gonna take for Apple to get u guys(as well as others) to get these now android converts back?

For me they'll need to liven iOS somehow, and not by making it more "flat" like the rumors say. They're also gonna have to ship a version with a larger screen. 4 inches doesn't cut it for me

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Before Jelly Bean & Nova Launcher Prime I kept going back but now I'm done. I had the iPhone 5 for two weeks before I sold it.

This was posted here, sorry I can't remember who but if iOS 7 is anything like this I will go back. That's the beauty of having two Super Phones. LOL

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I am a developer who decided to make the S4 his first Android phone. Having the iphone 3g onward, I can say I do not miss my iPhone 5 as much as I miss iMessage. That being stated, I am considering swapping out my S4 with a HTC One or the LG Optimus Pro. I am not enjoying the touchwiz lag experience and so far tinkering with my wife's HTC One has led me to have second thoughts. Only thing I am more worried about the lack of the removable back plate but I never had one with all my iPhones so I can still live without one.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I am a developer who decided to make the S4 his first Android phone. Having the iphone 3g onward, I can say I do not miss my iPhone 5 as much as I miss iMessage. That being stated, I am considering swapping out my S4 with a HTC One or the LG Optimus Pro. I am not enjoying the touchwiz lag experience and so far tinkering with my wife's HTC One has led me to have second thoughts. Only thing I am more worried about the lack of the removable back plate but I never had one with all my iPhones so I can still live without one.

Put a launcher on it... Or better yet, get the Google edition s4.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I am not going the Super Computer route of the GS4 (mid contract worries), but I am going to get a Nexus 4 shortly. I am not new to Android as I have had an Android device before, nor am I such a fan boy that switching is difficult. I am going to Android because I am very much and always has been a Google services user. Even though we have great apps on iOS I want to imagine the experience is better on Android. I?ll see. I think both OSs are great, tailored for people with different needs. The "tech savvy" nonsense doesn?t fly, as I know some rather astute software developers and electronic engineers (groups of people I associate with) who prefer to use iOS and I don?t think they are dumb. It is just a matter of preference and particular needs. The same goes for someone who chooses WP or BBOS. We have choice in our market and that?s great, but we should probably respect other opinions.

Last edited:

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
That switched to the galaxy s4 find themselves switching back to the i5?

I recently just switched from the iPhone to the white galaxy s4 (two days ago!!!)

I ALWAYS said I would never leave Apple products because they were the best, most reliable, and just beautiful, until ....... Android started destroying the market lol. I can't even compare the two. My whole family has iPhones, and the galaxy just blows it out of the water. Although the free space was an issue at first, putting everything but apps on the sd card leaves more then enough room for myself. I have also converted over my boyfriend from an iPhone, all because he got his hands on mine and was, needless to say, so shocked and in love with it that he cancelled his iphone contract and bought the S4. Its an amazing phone and I can't stop recommending it. But with that said, I will always be an Apple lover at heart, I couldn't buy anything other than a Mac for a computer.

brendu

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the iPhone 5 and refuse to switch to any android phone. If I was going to switch it would be to a nexus 4 or maybe a nexus GS4 but I think it's too big really. The reason I refuse to switch though is partially because I love ios (don't hate android at all but I prefer ios) and mostly because apple simply has the best overall ecosystem right now. If you are willing to deal with the lack of customization, the apple ecosystem is beautiful and works great. I won't get rid of my MacBook or ipad so it just makes more sense for me to use an iPhone.

All that said, if anyone asked me which phone to get I would tell them they have to at least play with the gs4 before deciding on an iPhone or other android iPhone.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it shouldn't be like this out of the box. Why should I have to put a launcher on it to fix Samsung's short comings?

Beauty of android. If you want a phone working one way out of the box, get an iPhone. Want a beast of a phone that you fix the way YOU want, get the GS4.

irishonion

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Its funny, I remember when GS3 was coming out people criticized it for the large screen, it seems like people who start using the bigger screen, can't really go back to anything smaller. I see so many people say that use a note 2, can't even go from a note 2 down to a GS4 because of screen size. Just in my opinion that's one reason why people switch from Ios to android,(I know i know not the only reason...) they see there friends using a phone with 4.7"+ screen and think, that's awesome, I wish my Apple's screen was bigger