Not wanting to cristisize anyone's S4 if they are lovin' on it, but for me, it just got scooped by the Optimus G Pro.

Now, if any of y'all know i am the most fickle phone owner there is, in love one minute, returning it the next....So i cop to the fact that i am by no means your "average user"... That said.....

No one was more surprised than me that i even could give that phone, "the time of day", much less consider swapping out my S4 for it...

I had sworn to myself i would neverrrrrrrrrr own any phone bigger than 150mm long or wider than 70mm wide but when i went and played with the LG O Pro when i was in the AT&T Store looking at screen protectors for my S4 & i was blown away within minutes of using the LG O Pro....

The buttery smoothness, the sharp bright screen, the speed, the EXTREME customizing, the large amount of onboard storage, THAT was the experience i SHOULD have been having on my S4 but i just wasn't.

Instead, the experience was filled with stuttering, the lack of being able to customize Touch Wiz to the way i wanted it, and then the slowdowns, hesitations and lags i encountered when i used a replacement launcher, the limited internal storage, and omg the hate surrounding that phone, i was like, "SIGN ME UP!"

i have spent 3 solid days with this phone and i have to say, did they copy Samsung at almost every turn? YES! Did they perfect almost every single feature they copied? He!!!!!!! yessssss they did : )

In no way am i trying to badmouth the S4 but if your experience with the S4 isn't what you were hoping it was going to be, y'all should check out the Optimus G Pro. No, it doesn't have a stylus, but quite frankly, i had the Note 2 for almost a month before i sold it and i never used the S Pen more than 3 times. And the LG O Pro doesn't feel phablet-y AT ALL, this bad boy is allllllllll phone : )
    jman1323 and nelonez like this.
    05-18-2013 09:31 PM
    Congratulations as long as you're enjoying the phone!

I recently got my Samsung Galaxy S4 and honestly I'm enjoying after coming from a Galaxy Nexus. The battery life has been decent so far and Touch wiz does have its stutter but it's something I could easily look over.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-18-2013 09:58 PM
    Pretty nyce! There was one feature I did like from the Optimus Pro, which is that you can draw anytime on the screen and share it instantly
    I think 5" is big enough for me for a phone. I have the Exynos version so I never felt any lag.
    You wont miss any of the smart features? or Camera modes?
    05-18-2013 10:29 PM
    Pretty nyce! There was one feature I did like from the Optimus Pro, which is that you can draw anytime on the screen and share it instantly
    I think 5" is big enough for me for a phone. I have the Exynos version so I never felt any lag.
    I really liked that screen feature as well but it just sucks that it is limited to the G Pro right now.

I've heard BBM for android is gonna have that feature

Posted via Android Central App
    05-18-2013 10:31 PM
    nice, I recently cracked my new SG4 screen so I'm once again in the phone market. For now it still works fine, but I have started looking at other phones. How is the camera compared to the Sg4? Does it have similar features and how is the picture quality?
    05-18-2013 10:41 PM
    Enjoy that awesome notification light!
    05-18-2013 10:47 PM
    Not wanting to cristisize anyone's S4 if they are lovin' on it, but for me, it just got scooped by the Optimus G Pro.

Now, if any of y'all know i am the most fickle phone owner there is, in love one minute, returning it the next....So i cop to the fact that i am by no means your "average user"... That said.....

No one was more surprised than me that i even could give that phone, "the time of day", much less consider swapping out my S4 for it...

I had sworn to myself i would neverrrrrrrrrr own any phone bigger than 150mm long or wider than 70mm wide but when i went and played with the LG O Pro when i was in the AT&T Store looking at screen protectors for my S4 & i was blown away within minutes of using the LG O Pro....

The buttery smoothness, the sharp bright screen, the speed, the EXTREME customizing, the large amount of onboard storage, THAT was the experience i SHOULD have been having on my S4 but i just wasn't.

Instead, the experience was filled with stuttering, the lack of being able to customize Touch Wiz to the way i wanted it, and then the slowdowns, hesitations and lags i encountered when i used a replacement launcher, the limited internal storage, and omg the hate surrounding that phone, i was like, "SIGN ME UP!"

i have spent 3 solid days with this phone and i have to say, did they copy Samsung at almost every turn? YES! Did they perfect almost every single feature they copied? He!!!!!!! yessssss they did : )

In no way am i trying to badmouth the S4 but if your experience with the S4 isn't what you were hoping it was going to be, y'all should check out the Optimus G Pro. No, it doesn't have a stylus, but quite frankly, i had the Note 2 for almost a month before i sold it and i never used the S Pen more than 3 times. And the LG O Pro doesn't feel phablet-y AT ALL, this bad boy is allllllllll phone : )
    LOL! YOU are one fickle Texas Girl! I think you have owned more phones than me! Let us know when you come back to the S4! I predict you will! Maybe the 32GB size? I have a Nexus 4 whom most agree is a seriously smooth device and if there is a difference with my S4, I do not see it! I hope you enjoy your OG Pro but I somehow think you will be back!?
    05-18-2013 10:55 PM
    Honestly, LG's camera is awesome also, (used to be sub par but they stepped it up BIG TIME!) but as for MOST of the S4's smart features, they "fell flat" or confused me too much to get any real functionality out of them...

That one where u can remove a person you don't want in your photo is too cool, tho, now since i don't have that feature and the ability to remove "unwanted subjects" from the photos i'm taking, , i'll just have to shoot the b*stards instead, so they don't walk into my picture...lol j/k

The one thing i miss is Paper Artist, the filters are amazing on that Samsung App....But i promise you, each and every lil feature of my OG Pro is soooo smooth and all the little animations are soooo cool without slowing it down. You walk up to that phone, and from the minute you touch it, from the L flip page sliding animations to the little door panel that folds down and a little man comes out with a garbage can and then "makes a crumbling paper" noise when you discard" to being able to create your own icons to the speed, the fluidity, to the un-oversaturation of the true to life colors and bright display instantly won me over, and after 4 days non stop with it, haven't looked back once : )

Again, SGS 4 is really a great phone for most, but to the handful of ppl like me who chose it over the HTC One because of its removable battery, more storage capacity & bigger screen that were like, "ok, now what?!" after they got it, the LG O Pro might be the phone to check out....

it combines the two experiences together (except for boom sound, but the LG"s is loud enough for me, but when it isn't i use my headset, and "listening to a phone" is only approx 5% of the total experience in my daily usage : )

LOL! YOU are one fickle Texas Girl! I think you have owned more phones than me! Let us know when you come back to the S4! I predict you will! Maybe the 32GB size? I have a Nexus 4 whom most agree is a seriously smooth device and if there is a difference with my S4, I do not see it! I hope you enjoy your OG Pro but I somehow think you will be back!?
    I know, i am a confirmed phone addict for sure but this time it just feels "different"... (sure, sure, that's what they all say...lol) What i have done to make sure i don't get those "lingering dobts about wanting a smaller phone is this: I stole my husbands Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II and rooted and put Slimbean on it and popped a pre-paid t-mo sim in it for me to keep and use when i need a "phone i can handle quickly"... That was the downfall of the Note II, i loved it, but when i wanted to do ANYTHING other than use the phone, i felt like it was so big i would drop it so it totally ruined my experiene with it...

Enjoy that awesome notification light!

it really IS awesome and i dint even know about its gazillion colors BEFORE i got it,,,, nice surprise : )

And now i will take me & my happy self outta here and go enjoy the dang thing instead of writing about it before ANYONE takes offense at me going on & on about my amazing find and i have to open up my 2 yr old can of whoop azz on 'em...lol : ) Thanks y'all!

Shoulda done this long ago when phones started getting so huge but usually the "smaller" phones were so low spec'ced but omg the development out there for the Samsung Exhibit II is unreal! (i bought that phone for him a year and a half ago for 129.00 bucks for his first Android experience but it worked so well he never wanted to upgrade - (Thats another phone y'all should check out if you need a secondary - they STILL sell it in stores today! - you can root the heck out of it so easily, tons of ROMS for it, the ppi is high (305 ppi) because the screen is only 3.2 inches but the res is 480x800, not that 320x480 crap of yesteryear older phones) its an almost equal experience to the S4 i returned WITHOUT the lag... oops, did i say that outloud? lol jk!

BTC

05-19-2013 09:58 AM

I agree 100%.... I am really happy I got this over the S4.... I had the Note 2 before my G Pro and it blows the Note out the water.... I had the note for almost 6 months and used the the s pen maybe 5 times.... I couldn't be happier with my choice of the OG Pro....

P. S. don't forget to save me a room at the hospital for phone addiction counseling....

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums
    05-19-2013 11:08 AM
    I agree 100%.... I am really happy I got this over the S4.... I had the Note 2 before my G Pro and it blows the Note out the water.... I had the note for almost 6 months and used the the s pen maybe 5 times.... I couldn't be happier with my choice of the OG Pro....

P. S. don't forget to save me a room at the hospital for phone addiction counseling....

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums
    i know, its just THAT good. You just can't tell/explain it, ppl would have to use it for themselves to be like "wow!" And i love that programmable dedicated button for launcing camera or whatever... It really is a "too good to be true" phone.. I paid $549.00 outright for it and also got it unlocked to run on T-Mo's truly unlimited high speed data/min & msg plan for 70 bucks a month and i am like, "pinching myself" that i hve FINALLY found "the Ultimate Android" experience at the ultimate price... 500 phones, & many restocking fees later, its about dang time!!

BTC
    05-19-2013 11:19 AM
    Honestly, LG's camera is awesome also, (used to be sub par but they stepped it up BIG TIME!) but as for MOST of the S4's smart features, they "fell flat" or confused me too much to get any real functionality out of them...

That one where u can remove a person you don't want in your photo is too cool, tho, now since i don't have that feature and the ability to remove "unwanted subjects" from the photos i'm taking, , i'll just have to shoot the b*stards instead, so they don't walk into my picture...lol j/k

The one thing i miss is Paper Artist, the filters are amazing on that Samsung App....But i promise you, each and every lil feature of my OG Pro is soooo smooth and all the little animations are soooo cool without slowing it down. You walk up to that phone, and from the minute you touch it, from the L flip page sliding animations to the little door panel that folds down and a little man comes out with a garbage can and then "makes a crumbling paper" noise when you discard" to being able to create your own icons to the speed, the fluidity, to the un-oversaturation of the true to life colors and bright display instantly won me over, and after 4 days non stop with it, haven't looked back once : )

Again, SGS 4 is really a great phone for most, but to the handful of ppl like me who chose it over the HTC One because of its removable battery, more storage capacity & bigger screen that were like, "ok, now what?!" after they got it, the LG O Pro might be the phone to check out....

it combines the two experiences together (except for boom sound, but the LG"s is loud enough for me, but when it isn't i use my headset, and "listening to a phone" is only approx 5% of the total experience in my daily usage : )

I know, i am a confirmed phone addict for sure but this time it just feels "different"... (sure, sure, that's what they all say...lol) What i have done to make sure i don't get those "lingering dobts about wanting a smaller phone is this: I stole my husbands Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II and rooted and put Slimbean on it and popped a pre-paid t-mo sim in it for me to keep and use when i need a "phone i can handle quickly"... That was the downfall of the Note II, i loved it, but when i wanted to do ANYTHING other than use the phone, i felt like it was so big i would drop it so it totally ruined my experiene with it...

it really IS awesome and i dint even know about its gazillion colors BEFORE i got it,,,, nice surprise : )

And now i will take me & my happy self outta here and go enjoy the dang thing instead of writing about it before ANYONE takes offense at me going on & on about my amazing find and i have to open up my 2 yr old can of whoop azz on 'em...lol : ) Thanks y'all!

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...psceff575d.jpg

Shoulda done this long ago when phones started getting so huge but usually the "smaller" phones were so low spec'ced but omg the development out there for the Samsung Exhibit II is unreal! (i bought that phone for him a year and a half ago for 129.00 bucks for his first Android experience but it worked so well he never wanted to upgrade - (Thats another phone y'all should check out if you need a secondary - they STILL sell it in stores today! - you can root the heck out of it so easily, tons of ROMS for it, the ppi is high (305 ppi) because the screen is only 3.2 inches but the res is 480x800, not that 320x480 crap of yesteryear older phones) its an almost equal experience to the S4 i returned WITHOUT the lag... oops, did i say that outloud? lol jk!

BTC

I had a chance to play with the OG Pro at the store on Friday. I came away with two feelings; great job, LG, and I'm not entirely sure I'd be able to use the Optimus UI for any real length of time. It's significantly better than their previous offerings, but the whole thing seems like a carbon copy of the Note 2 sans S Pen. It seems to be a great phone, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it over an S4. Either way, it's a welcome addition to the party. The choices people have now are amazing.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Aquila and jayce88 like this.
    05-19-2013 12:46 PM
    I'd be careful if I were you LG has problems delivering updates for their devices and samsung does provide updates for their flagship for 18 months - the only android manufacturer to do so. But other than that I hope you like the g pro. LG other than motorola makes the best radios for their phones, and you should get a far better signal than with the s4.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    05-19-2013 01:04 PM
    I'd be careful if I were you LG has problems delivering updates for their devices and samsung does provide updates for their flagship for 18 months - the only android manufacturer to do so. But other than that I hope you like the g pro. LG other than motorola makes the best radios for their phones, and you should get a far better signal than with the s4.

I agree i have had LG phones in the past and they do have great radios,if this phone was available on Verizon i would be all over it come August when i am due for an upgrade.
    05-19-2013 06:34 PM
    I played with the Pro briefly today and I have to say, it's a slick machine. Certainly a good choice.

Only thing I didn't like was the camera interface, which felt odd. But really the pro felt closer to the Note II, not the s4.
    05-19-2013 06:55 PM
    I was pretty disappointed that LG basically cloned Samsung this year, but I think they did a pretty good job. I'm surprised to hear it's a better experience.. Samsung got Samsung'd! lol. Glad you like it!
    BOSSY TEXAS CHICK likes this.
    05-19-2013 07:01 PM
    I had a chance to play with the OG Pro at the store on Friday. I came away with two feelings; great job, LG, and I'm not entirely sure I'd be able to use the Optimus UI for any real length of time. It's significantly better than their previous offerings, but the whole thing seems like a carbon copy of the Note 2 sans S Pen. It seems to be a great phone, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it over an S4. Either way, it's a welcome addition to the party. The choices people have now are amazing.

I agree that so many of the features seem straight off of Samsung's hit list that sadly MOST people will just dismiss it as a "clone" and write it off. But truth be told, if you were to spend any real time with it, it slowly emerges as actually improving upon the Samsung design....

I had read that in Korea their shared goal is for the betterment of the country FIRST, before profit, before recognition, and as a result rather than "sue" each other, they actually tend to "rejoice" if you will, when their country's companies succeed... i think that philosophy allowed LG to build upon what Samsung had already designed and improve upon it.

But who knows, i tried to google what i just put and it came up LG was suing Samsung for, "eye tracking" technology, so there goes that theory.... lol

Either way, LG Pro has improved on Samsung's Phablet in almost every way, and it becomes evident the more time one spends with it ....From the Full 1080P, to slimmer build for better holdability, to dedicated "whatever you want to use it for" button, to speaker placement and volume, to IR Blaster/Remote Control (even controls your air conditioner...lol) to contoured front surface/ to pretty design on rear, to fast fast fast UI, to Qslide aps on top of aps, to Quick memo, to really sharp animations.... (i could keep going : )

BTC
    Aquila likes this.
    05-19-2013 07:11 PM

After Jellybean ruined the SGS 3 i had and i was unable to get back the buttery smoothness ICS had, i vowed to only buy a phone if i were satisfied with the UI it was currently running and maybe even ROOT it just so i could "disable firmware updates" since you can't anymore on stock...

BTC
    ffejjj likes this.
    05-19-2013 07:14 PM
    I agree that so many of the features seem straight off of Samsung's hit list that sadly MOST people will just dismiss it as a "clone" and write it off. But truth be told, if you were to spend any real time with it, it slowly emerges as actually improving upon the Samsung design....

I had read that in Korea their shared goal is for the betterment of the country FIRST, before profit, before recognition, and as a result rather than "sue" each other, they actually tend to "rejoice" if you will, when their country's companies succeed... i think that philosophy allowed LG to build upon what Samsung had already designed and improve upon it.

But who knows, i tried to google what i just put and it came up LG was suing Samsung for, "eye tracking" technology, so there goes that theory.... lol

Either way, LG Pro has improved on Samsung's Phablet in almost every way, and it becomes evident the more time one spends with it ....From the Full 1080P, to slimmer build for better holdability, to dedicated "whatever you want to use it for" button, to speaker placement and volume, to IR Blaster/Remote Control (even controls your air conditioner...lol) to contoured front surface/ to pretty design on rear, to fast fast fast UI, to Qslide aps on top of aps, to Quick memo, to really sharp animations.... (i could keep going : )

BTC
    I'll be curious to see how it fares once Samsung unveils the Note 3. From what I understand, it'll ship with an Octacore processor with the A15 cores clocked at 1.9ghz and the A7 cores clocked at 1.6ghz. I'm guessing that by then, they'll have optimized Touchwiz for 4.2.2. Should be very interesting.

05-19-2013 07:19 PM
    You know I really did consider this before buying my S4, but the size just killed it for me. I dunno, seeing people pull phablets from their pocket always makes me laugh. Plus the single handed use is welcome always, and even pushing it with the Galaxy. LG's UI can be a bit strange...seems to take more effort to flip between homescreens too.
    However, the device seems excellent and I hope you enjoy your new electronic companion!
    Aquila likes this.
    05-19-2013 07:23 PM
    It does look like a nice phone, however I am satisfied with my nexus.
    I'm not lying when I say they have really stepped up their game, its not surprised they sell the most prepaid handsets as they can build good quality cheaper phones with a luxury feel and some nice top end phones too! The phone does look very sleek and powerful - I am surprised by how long the battery lasts (according to reviews)
    05-20-2013 07:26 AM

After Jellybean ruined the SGS 3 i had and i was unable to get back the buttery smoothness ICS had, i vowed to only buy a phone if i were satisfied with the UI it was currently running and maybe even ROOT it just so i could "disable firmware updates" since you can't anymore on stock...

BTC
    OK, I'll ask...how did JB ruin your S3? It made mine smooth like butter and improved battery life.
    05-20-2013 08:01 AM
    OK, I'll ask...how did JB ruin your S3? It made mine smooth like butter and improved battery life.
    i had int'l version and it once it took the update it was not the same phone.

Upon reading about it it seemed that the phone had to be patched due to an EEC security issue, and once they patched it, they had to update it to jelly bean to address some motherboard "sleep of death" issues that the patch created (or something like that)

Bottom line.. My I9300 went from smooth as silk to freezing, jumpy, laggy, dialer took forever to open, certain apps would just "disappear in the middle of launching", had to perform umpteen battery pulls daily, factory reset did no good...that phone became a mess.

If you google it, there are many stories like mine....It was a specific batch but it seemed impossible to narrow it down to a certain build number...i was outside my 14 day window but the vendor had other handsets with similar issues was nice enough to extend me a return...

BTC
    05-20-2013 06:59 PM
    I would get the LG as well, if Verizon offered it since has 32gb. They do not though, since taking the middle road approach to milk their customers. The ball and chain of legacy unlimited data is heavy.
    05-21-2013 08:30 AM
    I feel ya. The same 3 phone lines deal I just got woulda easily been 200+ on The Red Devil Verizon Network...

T-Mobile finally WOKE UP & joined the game in my area, so I bought the LG O Pro outright, got AT&T to unlock it, so now I am on T-Mo with unlimited data, my hubby with 500MB and unl talk & text (he doesn't need data but I gave him my beautiful (but old) Infuse and also got AT&T to unlock it, and $10.00 for a 3rd line my little rooted Samsung Exhibit II running Slimbean for 110.00 + taxes a month.

4-8 MBs down on any given day is nothing to complain about....With the LG Pro running on T-Mo, I feel like I won the "Cell Phone/Mobile Plan Lottery... lol

BTC
    05-21-2013 12:14 PM