S4 screen when charging

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Kk so I just got my s4 today and I noticed that when I plug it in to charge the screen won't turn off by itself. I have to push the button myself. But when it's off the charger I can leave it and it shuts off after the one minute timeout.. Any suggestions. Do I need to exchange it for a new one?

Posted via Android Central App

Each3

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
You think you could do me a favor and lower your screen time out on your display options and try charging it again.

Automator59

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The new firmware disables it. Found you have to go to the "ABOUT" settings and touch the Build Number a number of times, it keeps telling you how many more taps to get to developers mode.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't find the developer options in the settings

If you can't find it, that means you don't have it active, so you can't have stay awake on. For the record if you DO want to activate Developer mode, go into SETTINGS > MORE > ABOUT DEVICE
once there, scroll down to BUILD and tap it like 7 times, that will activate Developer Options from the more menu, it will be right above ABOUT DEVICE.

Rebecca Rush

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and checked developer settings, stay awake while charging was not toggled on.

I will also say that it does not come on after the same amount of time, but quell cow back on whether charging or not.

Victor Rexach

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi I don't know if the original poster has found the setting yet to get rid of the screen coming on after docking.... here's where to disable it:
1. Go to my device by scrolling down
2. Select accessory
3. Uncheck desk home screen display

mikehawk5161

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi I don't know if the original poster has found the setting yet to get rid of the screen coming on after docking.... here's where to disable it:
1. Go to my device by scrolling down
2. Select accessory
3. Uncheck desk home screen display
THANK YOU, finally a proper response. Spent half an hour reading through junk about hidden developers options.

sgcosimo

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
After I unchecked the "Stay Awake while charging" and the "Desk Home Screen Display", my S4 still won't lockscreen after the pre-set 5 seconds. I realised I still need to uncheck the "Lock instantly with power key" under My device-Lock Screen.