Hi all i just spoke to my mobile provider and and told him that i don't see an LTE sign nor 4G on my screen when i have an a LTE capable S4 and that I have an 4G LTE SIM... The guy told me that on the S4 the lte is reflected as H+.. I want to know if his advice is true.
    Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    05-19-2013 03:14 AM
    Hi all i just spoke to my mobile provider and and told him that i don't see an LTE sign nor 4G on my screen when i have an a LTE capable S4 and that I have an 4G LTE SIM... The guy told me that on the S4 the lte is reflected as H+.. I want to know if his advice is true.
    Thanks

Just saw LTE on my phone today. He don't know s#@#
    05-19-2013 05:00 AM
    Who's your provider?

4G/LTE icon on mine.
    05-19-2013 05:06 AM
    US, AT&T and I have 4G LTE displayed in my status bar. It's amazing at what the staff will say.
    albertamoranto likes this.
    05-19-2013 05:26 AM
    Who's your provider?

4G/LTE icon on mine.
    It's a provider here in the Philipines.. Globe Telecom. Pretty sad when i found out too that H+ is 3.5G and not 4G, that's just Plain Lazy on their part not to help out an existing customer.. The dude was very convincing too! good thing i didn't totally trust him. Called customer service and i was told that my 4G will be turned on tonight. Anyway thanks for the confirmation.

05-19-2013 05:33 AM
    Maybe he meant your phone will show H+ since your area doesn't have LTE. Does your area have LTE coverage? If not that may be the reason.
    05-19-2013 06:21 AM
    Maybe he meant your phone will show H+ since your area doesn't have LTE. Does your area have LTE coverage? If not that may be the reason.
    Nope... I specifically asked what is the sign for LTE and he said H+ and I relayed what he said to be redundant. We're LTE capable now however selected areas at the moment. Pretty stupid of me to renew my contract with them despite knowing of their legendary lousy post sales service. I should have gone with my gut and transferred to another network but it's just hard to let go of a number everyone knows already.

Aquila likes this.
    05-19-2013 08:23 AM
    Nope... I specifically asked what is the sign for LTE and he said H+ and I relayed what he said to be redundant. We're LTE capable now however selected areas at the moment. Pretty stupid of me to renew my contract with them despite knowing of their legendary lousy post sales service. I should have gone with my gut and transferred to another network but it's just hard to let go of a number everyone knows already.

Can they not port your existing cell number to your new provider? Pretty common practice here in the US.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-19-2013 08:47 AM
    Can they not port your existing cell number to your new provider? Pretty common practice here in the US.
    Unfortunately no... The number is tied to the provider, that's why "loyalty" is more common here due to the fact customers like me do not want to give up the number... So we just take the lack of service as a norm.. Pretty Sad

05-20-2013 04:22 AM
    Here in the US they made it a law where you can keep your number wherever you go . It even applies to landlines.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    05-20-2013 10:36 AM