05-25-2013 04:21 PM
134 ... 3456
tools
    Ha Ha... really? Someone call a Waaambulance. I had to say that. Sorry Jeff you asked for it.
    No! Bad Brad!
    05-22-2013 08:45 PM
    No! Bad Brad!
    I see what you did there

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Aquila, TomsAndroid and badbrad17 like this.
    05-22-2013 10:12 PM
    No! Bad Brad!
    Someone save me from myself. Lol. :what:

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Aquila likes this.
    05-22-2013 10:45 PM
    Someone save me from myself. Lol. :what:

Sent from my Nexus 4
    You needed a snickers
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-22-2013 10:49 PM
    Until this ideal world exists, I wont get too worked up over tenth of a second "lag".
    You have much more patience than I do. If you are willing to put up with it's flaws, Touchwiz is great. The exact same thing is true of iOS.

Ha Ha... really? Someone call a Waaambulance. I had to say that. Sorry Jeff you asked for it.
    So why are you not still using the Droid 1? Are you QQing because the Droid 1 does not run fast enough for you? It is certainly far cheaper than everything out now, right?

LOL> Made me think of this hilarious bit by Louis CK. "Everything is amazing and nobody is happy".
    If you are happy with less, it might mean you lack ambition.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-23-2013 10:14 AM
    You have much more patience than I do. If you are willing to put up with it's flaws, Touchwiz is great. The exact same thing is true of iOS.

It's easy to have patience when what you're describing doesn't exist. I get that a Nexus doesn't lag, but you get in a bad service area and anything will lag. It may not be the device itself, but you'll be "waiting for your computer to catch up" so it makes no difference. So like I said, until this fantasy actually exists (which I would guess is at least 8-10 years out) it's easy to be patient and I wont get worked up over something that no one can help or control.
    05-23-2013 10:23 AM
    The point is, we don't have "less". If you think what we have is less, you need to go visit other parts of the world. We have so many awesome choices to pick from, and when my biggest life challenge is a tenth of a second of lag, it makes me feel a little guilty. (Moore, Oklahoma. Newtown, Conn. Aurora, Colorado. 3rd world countries all over the world. Boston Marathon.)

Pretty sure a tenth of a second of lag is child's play.
    05-23-2013 10:26 AM
    The point is, we don't have "less".
    By what standard?

Thats what this really comes down to...your standards are simply lower than mine. But you are not using a flip phone. And I assume you are not using a Droid 1. Therefore even YOU must have a limit to what you are willing to put up with. At some point you decided "This [insert phone here] is just not doing it for me...I need something better".

Which is why the "OMG ur too demanding" argument is so ridiculous. Someone still using a Droid 1 could say the exact same thing to you. IMO, it is completely reasonable to want to get the best device possible if it is something you are using all day every day, and possibly for years before you can replace it.

We have so many awesome choices to pick from
    You know what is better than "many"?

More.

Pretty sure a tenth of a second of lag is child's play.
    If it feels less than fluid, that is a problem for me. Ideally, it should be as fast as real life. That is what high frame rates are doing... emulating real-life response times. Eventually technology will get to the point where everything is 60fps all the time and there will be no way to improve response times. At that point your argument will have merit.
    05-23-2013 10:36 AM
    It's easy to have patience when what you're describing doesn't exist. I get that a Nexus doesn't lag, but you get in a bad service area and anything will lag.
    Therefore, I will want the product that lags less.

It may not be the device itself, but you'll be "waiting for your computer to catch up" so it makes no difference.
    It does make a difference, because the other computer could lag even more.
    05-23-2013 10:38 AM
    By what standard?

Thats what this really comes down to...your standards are simply lower than mine. But you are not using a flip phone. And I assume you are not using a Droid 1. Therefore even YOU must have a limit to what you are willing to put up with. At some point you decided "This [insert phone here] is just not doing it for me...I need something better".

Which is why the "OMG ur too demanding" argument is so ridiculous. Someone still using a Droid 1 could say the exact same thing to you. IMO, it is completely reasonable to want to get the best device possible if it is something you are using all day every day, and possibly for years before you can replace it.

You know what is better than "many"?

More.

If it feels less than fluid, that is a problem for me. Ideally, it should be as fast as real life. That is what high frame rates are doing... emulating real-life response times. Eventually technology will get to the point where everything is 60fps all the time and there will be no way to improve response times. At that point your argument will have merit.
    I don't think there's as much of an argument going on here as you're attempting to portray. For the last ten comments all I've pointed out is that you value "zero lag" more than I do. Which is fine. I'm not understanding where you're hoping to go with the conversation because it's already been established.

I have accepted that the ideal world is nothing more than a fantasy right now. Which probably means I am okay with "less". I don't think that means that I or anyone else lacks this 'ambition' you speak of. I think it just means that different things in life mean more to us than what means the most to you. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    05-23-2013 10:42 AM
    I think it just means that different things in life mean more to us than what means the most to you.
    I am glad we agree that wanting the best phone available is not unreasonable.
    05-23-2013 11:22 AM

So why are you not still using the Droid 1? Are you QQing because the Droid 1 does not run fast enough for you? It is certainly far cheaper than everything out now, right?

I'm not happy with less, that's why I use a Nexus 4. But there is certainly a point where reasonable expectations and zealous anal retentive perfection have to meet.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    05-23-2013 01:40 PM
    Have you seen Sense 5?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Obviously not!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    05-23-2013 01:57 PM
    So you are driving a Bugatti Veyron then??? All other cars "lag" compared to it.
    05-23-2013 02:53 PM
    So you are driving a Bugatti Veyron then??? All other cars "lag" compared to it.
    If you could afford to get that or a Honda Accord, would you get the Accord instead?
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-23-2013 04:11 PM
    I'm not happy with less, that's why I use a Nexus 4. But there is certainly a point where reasonable expectations and zealous anal retentive perfection have to meet.
    That is not an objective point though. It is not objectively obvious when "reasonable" turns into "zealous anal retentive".
    05-23-2013 04:12 PM
    That is not an objective point though. It is not objectively obvious when "reasonable" turns into "zealous anal retentive".
    That's why I said there is a reasonable point that they meet. You are at the extreme and are being argumentative for arguments sake.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    05-23-2013 08:15 PM
    If you could afford to get that or a Honda Accord, would you get the Accord instead?
    It would depend on what is important to me.... and I think that's the point that Legal is trying to make.

Posted via Android Central App
    Aquila and LegalAmerican like this.
    05-23-2013 08:46 PM
    My wife has am iPhone 4 that lags like a mother

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    TomsAndroid and badbrad17 like this.
    05-23-2013 09:30 PM
    It would depend on what is important to me.... and I think that's the point that Legal is trying to make.

If all the cars in the world were all priced in the same general range, you're not gonna have honda's beat lambo's in sales. You're going to tell me that overall a honda accord is a better car than a lamborghini aventador?

More sales resulting in better quality can be true to some degree in regards to phones because most phones are a closer range in the prices unlike if you were to compare high end cars to low end cars. If you can afford a s4 why would you get something like a blackberry if you want something fast and reliable?
    Obviously more sales doesn't necessarily mean that it's a better phone but it sure does factor in. There's a reason why the galaxy line has been selling so well.
    05-24-2013 01:43 AM

That's a good point. I wouldn't get the Accord because I dislike cars that are Imported to the US. But I would consider a Chevy Camaro or a Dodge Challenger. It would depend on where my priorities were. I would rather have a modest house and a modest car, but then be able to travel often and have all the toys as well.

With a phone, I want a great device in my hand but i'm not going to pout and sulk if it lags for a 10th of a second. There's just too many things in life that are more important to me. I'm not saying anyone else has to agree, but that's how I choose to live. It's not a lack of ambition or whatever other low blow way someone wants to look at it. It's just a difference in priorities.
    05-24-2013 09:31 AM
    If all the cars in the world were all priced in the same general range, you're not gonna have honda's beat lambo's in sales. You're going to tell me that overall a honda accord is a better car than a lamborghini aventador?

More sales resulting in better quality can be true to some degree in regards to phones because most phones are a closer range in the prices unlike if you were to compare high end cars to low end cars. If you can afford a s4 why would you get something like a blackberry if you want something fast and reliable?
    Obviously more sales doesn't necessarily mean that it's a better phone but it sure does factor in. There's a reason why the galaxy line has been selling so well.
    This is a good point. Which proves to me that the top end phones are all awesome based on individual needs. I for instance, prefer the added features of TouchWiz and Sense to the Vanilla Android experience. That's just my preference. If I can have extra features over no lag, I will take extra features. I know that's tough for some to expect, but that just means more Nexi for the rest of you.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-24-2013 09:33 AM
    This is a good point. Which proves to me that the top end phones are all awesome based on individual needs. I for instance, prefer the added features of TouchWiz and Sense to the Vanilla Android experience. That's just my preference. If I can have extra features over no lag, I will take extra features. I know that's tough for some to expect, but that just means more Nexi for the rest of you.
    So apparently you were not satisfied with your previous phone, even though it had amazing technology. You still wanted more.

And that was the point I was trying to make when you said it was unreasonable to expect better UI performance. It is not any more "unreasonable" than you expecting better features. The UI smoothness simply isn't that important to you.

You were criticizing me for being too demanding. The "OMG just use what you like" argument goes both ways.
    05-24-2013 09:49 AM
    So apparently you were not satisfied with your previous phone, even though it had amazing technology. You still wanted more.

And that was the point I was trying to make when you said it was unreasonable to expect better UI performance. It is not any more "unreasonable" than you expecting better features. The UI smoothness simply isn't that important to you.

You were criticizing me for being too demanding. The "OMG just use what you like" argument goes both ways.
    I never said it was unreasonable. I also never said "OMG just use what you like". If that's how it was interpreted, that's because you take bits and pieces from the whole point and try create something that isn't there.

I was very satisfied with my Razr Maxx but wanted the features of TouchWiz. I loved both phones. Heck, I still love my Bionic. It wasn't that I wanted something "more" so much as I wanted something different.

I just don't understand why you're following me around in two different threads and nitpicking everything I am saying to bait me into an argument. If I have offended you, I apologize. My posts are not directed at you specifically when I post something. I am just speaking in general terms based on my experience and opinion. I respect your opinion but I REALLY don't enjoy having to defend my opinion when it isn't going to change and I have no problem with you having your opinion.
    05-24-2013 09:59 AM
    Grab me a GTR or some old school American Muscle since I find that Bugatti ugly as sin.
    05-24-2013 10:15 AM
134 ... 3456