New to Android (Galaxy S4) came from Iphone 5...My 2 cents

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Until this ideal world exists, I wont get too worked up over tenth of a second "lag".
You have much more patience than I do. If you are willing to put up with it's flaws, Touchwiz is great. The exact same thing is true of iOS.

Ha Ha... really? Someone call a Waaambulance. I had to say that. Sorry Jeff you asked for it.
So why are you not still using the Droid 1? Are you QQing because the Droid 1 does not run fast enough for you? It is certainly far cheaper than everything out now, right?

LOL> Made me think of this hilarious bit by Louis CK. "Everything is amazing and nobody is happy".
If you are happy with less, it might mean you lack ambition.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You have much more patience than I do. If you are willing to put up with it's flaws, Touchwiz is great. The exact same thing is true of iOS.

It's easy to have patience when what you're describing doesn't exist. I get that a Nexus doesn't lag, but you get in a bad service area and anything will lag. It may not be the device itself, but you'll be "waiting for your computer to catch up" so it makes no difference. So like I said, until this fantasy actually exists (which I would guess is at least 8-10 years out) it's easy to be patient and I wont get worked up over something that no one can help or control.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

The point is, we don't have "less". If you think what we have is less, you need to go visit other parts of the world. We have so many awesome choices to pick from, and when my biggest life challenge is a tenth of a second of lag, it makes me feel a little guilty. (Moore, Oklahoma. Newtown, Conn. Aurora, Colorado. 3rd world countries all over the world. Boston Marathon.)

Pretty sure a tenth of a second of lag is child's play.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
The point is, we don't have "less".
By what standard?

Thats what this really comes down to...your standards are simply lower than mine. But you are not using a flip phone. And I assume you are not using a Droid 1. Therefore even YOU must have a limit to what you are willing to put up with. At some point you decided "This [insert phone here] is just not doing it for me...I need something better".

Which is why the "OMG ur too demanding" argument is so ridiculous. Someone still using a Droid 1 could say the exact same thing to you. IMO, it is completely reasonable to want to get the best device possible if it is something you are using all day every day, and possibly for years before you can replace it.

We have so many awesome choices to pick from
You know what is better than "many"?

More.

Pretty sure a tenth of a second of lag is child's play.
If it feels less than fluid, that is a problem for me. Ideally, it should be as fast as real life. That is what high frame rates are doing... emulating real-life response times. Eventually technology will get to the point where everything is 60fps all the time and there will be no way to improve response times. At that point your argument will have merit.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
It's easy to have patience when what you're describing doesn't exist. I get that a Nexus doesn't lag, but you get in a bad service area and anything will lag.
Therefore, I will want the product that lags less.

It may not be the device itself, but you'll be "waiting for your computer to catch up" so it makes no difference.
It does make a difference, because the other computer could lag even more.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
By what standard?

Thats what this really comes down to...your standards are simply lower than mine. But you are not using a flip phone. And I assume you are not using a Droid 1. Therefore even YOU must have a limit to what you are willing to put up with. At some point you decided "This [insert phone here] is just not doing it for me...I need something better".

Which is why the "OMG ur too demanding" argument is so ridiculous. Someone still using a Droid 1 could say the exact same thing to you. IMO, it is completely reasonable to want to get the best device possible if it is something you are using all day every day, and possibly for years before you can replace it.

You know what is better than "many"?

More.

If it feels less than fluid, that is a problem for me. Ideally, it should be as fast as real life. That is what high frame rates are doing... emulating real-life response times. Eventually technology will get to the point where everything is 60fps all the time and there will be no way to improve response times. At that point your argument will have merit.

I don't think there's as much of an argument going on here as you're attempting to portray. For the last ten comments all I've pointed out is that you value "zero lag" more than I do. Which is fine. I'm not understanding where you're hoping to go with the conversation because it's already been established.

I have accepted that the ideal world is nothing more than a fantasy right now. Which probably means I am okay with "less". I don't think that means that I or anyone else lacks this 'ambition' you speak of. I think it just means that different things in life mean more to us than what means the most to you. Nothing wrong with that at all.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

So why are you not still using the Droid 1? Are you QQing because the Droid 1 does not run fast enough for you? It is certainly far cheaper than everything out now, right?

I'm not happy with less, that's why I use a Nexus 4. But there is certainly a point where reasonable expectations and zealous anal retentive perfection have to meet.

Sent from my Nexus 4

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not happy with less, that's why I use a Nexus 4. But there is certainly a point where reasonable expectations and zealous anal retentive perfection have to meet.
That is not an objective point though. It is not objectively obvious when "reasonable" turns into "zealous anal retentive".

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That is not an objective point though. It is not objectively obvious when "reasonable" turns into "zealous anal retentive".
That's why I said there is a reasonable point that they meet. You are at the extreme and are being argumentative for arguments sake.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Sunny Moon

May 24, 2013
Visit site
It would depend on what is important to me.... and I think that's the point that Legal is trying to make.

Posted via Android Central App

If all the cars in the world were all priced in the same general range, you're not gonna have honda's beat lambo's in sales. You're going to tell me that overall a honda accord is a better car than a lamborghini aventador?

More sales resulting in better quality can be true to some degree in regards to phones because most phones are a closer range in the prices unlike if you were to compare high end cars to low end cars. If you can afford a s4 why would you get something like a blackberry if you want something fast and reliable?
Obviously more sales doesn't necessarily mean that it's a better phone but it sure does factor in. There's a reason why the galaxy line has been selling so well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37