I am sorry that this thread is irrelevant to the galaxy s4 but i didnt know where to put it. I wanted to talk about tizen and where exactly it is going. Multiple high end tizen devices are supposed to come out this year. Alot of big names are involved in tizen, most notably Samsung, Intel, Fujitsu, Sprint, Huwaei, IBM, Vodafone. But how exactly do they expect tizen to succeed when i havent even heard of a single developer making apps for tizen, does it even have an app store? How does samsung intend to use its marketshare against google? Since tizen can run android apps, does that mean that android and tizen can co exist? Do you think it will be a flop?

Let me know what you think

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300
    05-19-2013 02:21 PM
    I am sorry that this thread is irrelevant to the galaxy s4 but i didnt know where to put it. I wanted to talk about tizen and where exactly it is going. Multiple high end tizen devices are supposed to come out this year. Alot of big names are involved in tizen, most notably Samsung, Intel, Fujitsu, Sprint, Huwaei, IBM, Vodafone. But how exactly do they expect tizen to succeed when i havent even heard of a single developer making apps for tizen, does it even have an app store? How does samsung intend to use its marketshare against google? Since tizen can run android apps, does that mean that android and tizen can co exist? Do you think it will be a flop?

Let me know what you think

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300
    My impression is that it is an OS that can share Android. However, from what I have seen, I am not too thrilled with it. I will admit, I haven't seen too much, but I think we already have enough Operating Systems around for right now. I don't mean we shouldn't look into new ones, but right now, I believe there isn't enough room for what is already out there. Firefox OS will have a hard time getting off the ground too.
    05-19-2013 09:46 PM
    I think Samsung will buy it out and launch it under their name as a Galaxy OS.
    05-19-2013 10:20 PM
    I think Samsung will buy it out and launch it under their name as a Galaxy OS.
    exactly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    05-19-2013 11:43 PM
    exactly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Glad someone agrees. It makes sense, they are seemingly pushing more and more proprietary software into their devices it's only inevitable that they'll try to jump the gap into their own. Maybe not in the S5 or S6 but passed that? Very likely.
    05-20-2013 12:12 AM