Music not playing from new sd card

Charon

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I just bought an off-brand 32gb micro sd card (I know, risky), and it seems to be working properly for most types of files, but for some odd reason my music files are intermittently not working. I have the files on my desktop, and I plug the phone in to transfer the files. After the transfer, the music files won't play or just play a short burst of high-pitched sound, like they are insanely sped up. I reformatted the card via the phone when I first put it in, and other files like pictures and stuff work fine, so what's going on with the music? The most puzzling thing is that it isn't all the music. Stuff in the amazonmp3 file that I put on there works just fine, but the songs in my standard Music file do not. Any ideas?

Thanks

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
That rules out my first guess. Have you looked into what kind of music files they are? Do the same files actually play when run of internal storage, or do they perform the same?

Charon

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I had all the music on a 16gb card on this phone and they worked. Transferred them all to my desktop so I could switch out to the 32gb. Files work fine on the computer also. Mostly they are mp3, some wma.

Posted via Android Central App

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
You've got me stumped here. Your files are fine, that's what I'm running too, as well as some non locked .m4a's.
Have you tried putting them back on to the 16gb card and and attempting to play them? Just make sure you have working copies backed up in case that's the problem. I know it seems redundant but it does rule out if it was a failed transfer/copy issue.

I'm starting to lean to the fact the card may just be goofed up being off brand. But it certainly is perplexing, and perhaps it has something to do with he way the folder structure is?

Charon

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I might try messing with file structure, but otherwise I will definitely be looking for a refund on the card. Thanks for your help anyway. If I can't fix it and nobody else responds in the next couple days, I'm gonna return it.

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Best of luck :) I'm sorry I couldn't have been of more assistance, wish I could have been. Might I ask what the card brand was so users can avoid it if it is a widespread issue?

Charon

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to check when I get home, but I don't believe there was a brand. I got it off eBay, which I've had good luck with in the past, but maybe not so much this time. -_-

Charon

May 11, 2013
Visit site
How would I go about doing that? I've never had to do anything for an SD card in the past except format the card in the device and load the files. I transferred them by plugging my phone into my computer and dragging and dropping in the folder for the card. I suppose I could try syncing the music files from Windows Media Player or something. Anything else you might suggest?

Kata Rina

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I had trouble with the new google music and even Google did't help so I just went and back-up and restored the phone.
I use KIES it has the option to either save internal or external. I buy songs in iTunes.
It's a bid annoying! every time I buy music I have to sync
I also use google music which is instant upload from iTunes and streaming to my device.
But it is streaming.
My playlists are on samsung player (SD Card) and the others on Google
Try Kies first

Xperia Andra

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey, i had the same problem, i was selecting a lot of files at one and just leaving the computer to copy to the sd card, for whatever reason this seems to be too much for the phone to handle. I know this is not ideal but if you do 2-3 files at a time then it should work. Hope this helps

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers