This dubious looking S4 3030mah battery....

kwm1800

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am relatively new to this forum, and like many of us here, I am also concerned with improving S4's battery life.

Speaking of this, other than oversized batteries which require custom covers to fit in, I found these.... seems normal shape with whooping 430mah more than OEM/standard ones.

Amazon.com: CostMad High Quality 3030mah Replacement Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV i9500: Electronics

I am not sure. There is no review, a quick search on CostMad reveals they are nothing more than a reseller... No information on the manufacturer of the battery whatsoever.

I don't know, I am tempted to get one, but I am worried if it is a bad battery can..... well what if it explodes into pieces during the recharging?

Any so called "reviews" are nothing more than a paid advertisements, so I am looking if anyone has experience with this battery and/or this company named CostMad.

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Ive never used this company specifically but usually aftermarket batteries like that are just not worth the money and do not extend battery life a whole lot. Aftermarket batteries also don't have near the lifespan that OEM batteries do.
A 430mah increase in a mediocre quality battery will probably yield about the same battery life.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am relatively new to this forum, and like many of us here, I am also concerned with improving S4's battery life.

Speaking of this, other than oversized batteries which require custom covers to fit in, I found these.... seems normal shape with whooping 430mah more than OEM/standard ones.

Amazon.com: CostMad High Quality 3030mah Replacement Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV i9500: Electronics

I am not sure. There is no review, a quick search on CostMad reveals they are nothing more than a reseller... No information on the manufacturer of the battery whatsoever.

I don't know, I am tempted to get one, but I am worried if it is a bad battery can..... well what if it explodes into pieces during the recharging?

Any so called "reviews" are nothing more than a paid advertisements, so I am looking if anyone has experience with this battery and/or this company named CostMad.

I am not inclined to believe that someone could have an expanded battery out for a new device like this in such a short time. I wouldn't....

txtoast

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I had that brand of battery for my GNex. It didn't last as long as the stock battery despite being a higher capacity. I doubt it would be different with the GS4.

kwm1800

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I had that brand of battery for my GNex. It didn't last as long as the stock battery despite being a higher capacity. I doubt it would be different with the GS4.

Thank you for the comment! I see.... I guess either I optimized the battery usage (which I already did tho) or buy a huge battery with oversized cover seem only viable answers.

jwn66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'f you're gonna buy a battery just get the official one that comes with a charger included. And swap out when needed.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
FWIW, I bought a couple batteries off Amazon for my Note 2 that are from a company called Hyperion. I don't know if they have an S4 battery yet, but the ones I got were two batteries plus a wall charger for $20. They are rated as the same capacity as the stock battery. I only bought them so I could keep them around in case of an emergency, as I've never actually run out of power during the day yet. However, I did swap one in for about a week just to see how it would do. As far as I could tell, it seemed to perform equally as well as the factory battery. I did put the factory battery back in though for regular use.

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I bought a couple batteries off Amazon for my Note 2 that are from a company called Hyperion. I don't know if they have an S4 battery yet, but the ones I got were two batteries plus a wall charger for $20. They are rated as the same capacity as the stock battery. I only bought them so I could keep them around in case of an emergency, as I've never actually run out of power during the day yet. However, I did swap one in for about a week just to see how it would do. As far as I could tell, it seemed to perform equally as well as the factory battery. I did put the factory battery back in though for regular use.

Suspicious....:p

Attachments

• resizedhhp.png
    resizedhhp.png
    348.4 KB · Views: 146

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Seidio is developing a 4500 mah battery for the S4 which should be available soon. I have had nothing but great results with this company.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Bosshaug12, that's my experience. Sometimes they may be badly enough made to be dangerous, but all these inflated claims I view with skepticism. It wasn't long ago I bought an "extended" battery from an eBay seller purporting to raise the HTC stock to 2100. It seemed to work exactly like the OEM. It wasn't heavier. Or bigger. It came under the "if it's too good to be true....." I got the battery monitor app from Google Play, and it seemed pretty much to be equivalent to a regular OEM.

The extended batteries that work best, of course, are those that have the extra bulk. Then it makes sense. But there's a trade-off, usually a bigger door and more bulk in your pocket.

mach1rider

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I got some Ankers for my S4 same size as stock and honestly I think they have lasted longer during the day then stock. I always end up switching my battery once a day. But it seems like its later in the day when I started out with one of the Ankers in vice the stock one.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
There is a website where they test aftermarket vs OEM batteries. Do a search; they may still be testing newer batteries. But last time I checked there, about a year ago, they consistently found higher rated aftermarket batteries put out less a output than the lower rated OEM's. Thus, I have always stuck with OEM.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz