So I am getting some really annoying keyboard lag when typing using my purchased Swiftkey.

Basically, when I type, it is skipping letters. I can hear the click when I hit the letter, but sometimes it doesn't register the letter on the screen even though I heard it. I have noticed though that if I type slower it doesn't do it as much, but if I use my normal typing style, which is fast and in need of auto-correct, the darn thing skips all characters all the time.

It is only doing this on my GS4. It didn't do it on my GS3 or Note 2 when I had them.

Obviously I believe it is a problem with the GS4 and not Swiftkey. But has anyone else noticed this problem?

Also I hate the new version of Swiftkey, and wish there was a way to get the older version prior to the addition of Flow. I liked the option of choosing either Rapid style typing or Precise. I am really irked they took that option out. I would prefer to have the freedom to choose my own style and not have Swiftkey try and figure out which I should use. I preferred to use the Rapid style being as I type fast and need the heavy auto correction.

Maybe it's time to start using a different keyboard and delete Swiftkey.
    05-19-2013 11:24 PM
    Turn off haptic feedback
    05-19-2013 11:28 PM
    IMO swift key has gone down the tubes in terms of responsiveness lately. It used to be my go-to keyboard, but not so much anymore.
    05-20-2013 07:06 AM
    I noticed some lag too. But that was on my EVO LTE, and a couple versions ago. The newest version doesn't lag at all on my S4 or One.

Posted via Android Central App
    herecomesmaggi likes this.
    05-20-2013 07:20 AM
    I noticed some lag too. But that was on my EVO LTE, and a couple versions ago. The newest version doesn't lag at all on my S4 or One.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yeah truly said bro. It was lagging 3-4 versions b4 but now it works fine. Me too was fed up of lags and typo due to it but i am enjoying it now. New themes suck though
    05-20-2013 07:24 AM
    Turn off haptic feedback
    I don't have haptic feedback on, so that can't be it.

I also installed Swiftkey on my work Optimus G Pro phone, and Swiftkey works fine. Actually I just got the S4 last week and it was working great on my Note 2. I personally think it's related to all the lag issues the S4 has been plagued with since it came out.

If I wouldn't have already sold my Note 2 then I would have definitely took this S4 back. The software needs A LOT of work and tweaking.

As far as you guys, you must type really slow, being as I barely get the issue if I intentionally type slow.
    05-20-2013 07:50 AM
    I don't have haptic feedback on, so that can't be it.

I also installed Swiftkey on my work Optimus G Pro phone, and Swiftkey works fine. Actually I just got the S4 last week and it was working great on my Note 2. I personally think it's related to all the lag issues the S4 has been plagued with since it came out.

If I wouldn't have already sold my Note 2 then I would have definitely took this S4 back. The software needs A LOT of work and tweaking.

As far as you guys, you must type really slow, being as I barely get the issue if I intentionally type slow.
    I also get lag when the keyboard first starts up. But when I'm using it, the lag goes away. It is a pain in the **** but I can live with it. Hopefully Samsung will come out with a software update. I also have the Samsung galaxy s4.

But I have to say, SwiftKey dominates all other keyboards out there in terms of auto correction. And the flow feature is pretty cool. Sometimes I type and sometimes I flow.
    09-25-2013 07:03 AM