Ok guys I've had apple forever and I have an s4 now I need some tips on the best ways to use my phone like should I chrome for my internet browsing or the stock over it comes with also I have juice defender to help save battery life is there a better app out any suggestions also what are some good app to have fun with any other toys would be nice thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    05-20-2013 09:34 AM
    Ok guys I've had apple forever and I have an s4 now I need some tips on the best ways to use my phone like should I chrome for my internet browsing or the stock over it comes with also I have juice defender to help save battery life is there a better app out any suggestions also what are some good app to have fun with any other toys would be nice thanks

Welcome to Android and the Forums! Hope you are enjoying your device.

Here is a thread on this forums that is for former iPhone users. http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...id.html...Give that a try, it is thought out in detail, laid out well, and broken down into basic categories.

As for your questions, you will just have to try our different browsers. The stock one is crap, IMO. People like Chrome, Dolphin, Opera, and Firefox. Those are the big ones. I never really cared for an app like Juice Defender. It is rated very well, and many people like it, but you are better off just turning off auto brightness (nice, I know, but a battery killer), and have it set to a static setting. Mine is about 30%. With the brightness slider (for me on my S3) in the notification tray, changing it is simple. I disable auto sync, leave GPS and Bluetooth off unless absolutely needed. Those settings are in the quick toggles in the notification tray too. Sync is nice, and I turn it on once or twice a week on my home wifi, but that is so my Google accounts sync up. After I update that stuff I turn it off.

I would also pick and choose which automatic features you would like to have on. Those I believe are in Settings>Motion. The more of that stuff you have on, the more battery life is drained.

If you really want an battery analyzing app I would suggest Carat. It takes a week for it to monitor your usage, and then reports higher usage apps and gives approximate battery extension times.

Now, to take custom to a whole new level....First I would suggest just to get used to the new OS. Take a couple weeks, and get used to Android. After that, you can download a launcher from Play. They are free, and you do not need to be rooted. A launcher is a User Interface. They are generally very customizable, depending on which launcher. The popular ones are ADW, GO, Nova. I love Nova, you can change the color theme, scrolling animation and speed, grid layout in both the app drawer and home screens (to compare, think on a Windows PC the desktop is the home screens and clicking Start is like the App drawer), folders can be created and named, you can change how many icons are in the dock and how many pages (the dock is the bottom row of icons, usually reserved for text, phone, internet and the app drawer).

Hope those ideas helped. Again, Welcome to the forums and Android! Hope you have fun here. Sorry if my response was a tad long.....
    Albino7572 likes this.
    05-20-2013 10:00 AM
    Thank you for your help I also have unlimited data on att which is good since I use my phone like a laptop if you have any more tips then please feel free to hit me up

05-20-2013 10:50 AM
    Golfdriver - the link you posted does not work!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    05-20-2013 11:00 AM
    Golfdriver - the link you posted does not work!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...e-android.html

This one should work. I think I added a punctuation at the end of it by mistake.

Welcome to the forums!
    05-20-2013 11:26 PM
    Thank you for your help I also have unlimited data on att which is good since I use my phone like a laptop if you have any more tips then please feel free to hit me up

It was pointed out my link didn't work, so try this one, if interested. The only other tip I can think of to give, is to save battery, keep widgets to a minimum, or try to set their refresh rate as long as possible. Widgets are nice, but can be battery hogs if you have a lot. Other than that, don't be afraid to download and try apps. Lots on Play. Have fun!!
    05-20-2013 11:28 PM
    05-20-2013 11:32 PM