I have been looking at possibly picking up a GS4. But today I started to look at issues with the phones. Some things started to make me rethink the whole thing when I saw a the list of issues the GS4 seems to have. Over heating, battery drain, Lag, Air Jesters not working, Speaker issues when calling ect.... These are some pretty big selling points for the phone that seem to have some very big problems.

Are any of these problems completely fixed? Should we have a sticky with a list of buggs and serious issues that have been fixed going? All I know is these kind of problems put a major wrench in my pocket book when it comes to an upgrade.
    05-21-2013 09:47 PM
    I haven't had a problem with any of those.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums
    05-21-2013 10:58 PM
    I haven't had a problem with any of those.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums
    Nor have I.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-21-2013 11:03 PM
    Nor have I.

Posted via Android Central App
    I have been bug free!
    05-21-2013 11:15 PM
    I have been bug free!
    I've been lag free, no heat, good batt, good speakers, the only thing I can't get to work is the palm to mute but that's nothing and it could be user error but this phone has been great

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    roberts68 likes this.
    05-21-2013 11:24 PM
    Same here. No issues with anything on the above list. Speaker Issues? This phone has the loudest speaker on any phone I've previously owned...Fact! Using Skype it's absolutely ridiculous to where I have to plug headphones in due to how loud it is; this is a Skype issue but the speaker works great!
    roberts68 likes this.
    05-22-2013 12:06 AM
    A lot of those issues can be user related errors like settings not configured well. But with that many phones being bought up theres bound to be some bugs and defects out there.
    I have yet to see a forum for any phone thats only rave reviews.
    I havent seen any of those issues myself
    05-22-2013 06:17 AM
    My S4 has been issue free since the day I got it. I'm highly impressed with this device it continues to blow my mind how far technology has come.

sent from my galaxy s4
    05-22-2013 06:39 AM
    Overheating - When I think of a device overheating, its when it gets so hot that it affects the use by the user of the device or effects the performance of the device itself. And I have not had that experience

Battery drain - Not with mine

Lag. Nope - Not as fast as HTC one for ordinary use like scrolling between screens or switching between apps. But has higher frame rate in games an other apps.

Air Gestures - Yea. A bit wonky at times

Speaker issues - None of that here
    05-22-2013 06:57 AM
    Pretty much everything on my S4 is working fine, only issue is 4.2.2. has caused some hiccup with my Bluetooth car radio.
    Everything else is running smoothly. Heck, my battery has survived for almost 2 days on several occasions with my normal usage.
    05-22-2013 07:14 AM
    I have been looking at possibly picking up a GS4. But today I started to look at issues with the phones. Some things started to make me rethink the whole thing when I saw a the list of issues the GS4 seems to have. Over heating, battery drain, Lag, Air Jesters not working, Speaker issues when calling ect.... These are some pretty big selling points for the phone that seem to have some very big problems.

Are any of these problems completely fixed? Should we have a sticky with a list of buggs and serious issues that have been fixed going? All I know is these kind of problems put a major wrench in my pocket book when it comes to an upgrade.
    Over heating - can happen if you play intense 3D games for over 15-20 minutes. Happens mildly with me and Street Fighter 4. Not burning to the touch, just warm.
    Battery Drain - none here. Just be conscious about all the features and turning them off (which is pretty easy to do)
    Lag - I think the update fixed almost all the lag that people complained about. There may be some when you press the home screen button and closing apps. It's funny cause I went to developer options and turned off the animations... and it ran significantly faster. Darn Touchwiz.
    Air Gestures - I found these to work sometimes... I don't think Samsung should have put these features into the phone and should have spent that mind/innovation power in another dimension of the phone, but maybe that's just me.
    05-22-2013 08:28 AM
    There's always the possibility that these are just defects in those specific phones. With 10M phones shipped, even if 1/4 of those are in the hands of users, and if the hundreds report each issue online (which I'm not sure we have any actual data on) are only 1/10th of what's actually out there that's say 2.5M phones with 10k defects. That's a defect rate of 0.4% or 1 out of every 250 phones. That's probably a worst case scenario and as others have pointed out, some of those "defects" can be attributed to user error.
    05-22-2013 09:00 AM