I am currently on a Razr Maxx which I was in complete love with until the 4G completely quit working. It is outside of warranty and was a replacement for 3 Bionics the suffered different fates. I'm ready to wash my hands of Moto and try something different.
    I know it isn't just me, before making the switch to Android I had no problem keeping an iPhone working.

What can I look forward to on my battery life? I'm used to having a phone that is damn near impossible to drain in a day. Is there anything other than a spare battery I can do, for example a larger battery?

How obtrusive is the samsung software? The Moto Blur used to be horrible, but has been scaled back substantially to the point of being useful. I've heard a lot about some of the features on this phone being gimmicky.

The other two phones I am looking at shot themselves down IMHO by not having a micro SD card. If I wanted a phone sans SD, I would have an IPhone.....

I'm up for upgrade sometime next month, so let's see how it goes....
    05-22-2013 05:51 AM
    Spare batteries and larger batteries are both available. From what you're saying, the best device I can think of for you is an iPhone. I say that because you don't seem interested in Samsung's features, only in a simple UI and strong battery life.
    orion575 likes this.
    05-22-2013 05:56 AM
    I'm not disinterested in Samsung's features, just curious as to how useful they actually are. I've heard reviews saying both, and was wondering what an unbiased source would say.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-22-2013 09:52 AM
    I can completely understand your trepidation. It's a big decision and I too was torn between what I've read online and what reviews I've heard. Initially I was torn between the S4 and the HTC one but after doing my research and getting my hands on the phones I was interested in at the store, I ultimately choose the S4. And I'm 150% GLAD I DID. I have discovered new ways to use the device that still impress and surprise me everyday.
    I'd suggest if you haven't allready, just go into a store and play around with one. Unfortunately there is a lot of bias out there in the media. I guess when you are successful, it opens the door to overt critisism. However I can tell you from my first hand experience, that this phone is awesome. It will be unlike any experience you've had before. The customization level is unprecidented, and it is jammed packed with features. You can do your own research on exactly what these are, but try them out for yourself to see what will be usefull for YOU. How you will interact with the device will be completely different than how I will, and vice-versa. I've had all the I-phones (but wanted to get out of their closed eco-system) I've also had HTC's (but was untimately not a fan of their sense UI.) The Sammy has met all of my expectations and then some. Now if you choose the S4, i'd also suggest really test-driving it during the 14 day buyers remorse period. That way you can find out how it functions best for for your needs. Alot of people say this or that about the phone, but it's going to ultimately boil down to how YOU will use the device in your everyday routine.You will also need to decide if you will be satisfied with the 16GB version or, just stepping up to the 32GB that is avaliable. (which I did and for ME, it was totally worth it.)
    -good luck
    05-22-2013 10:31 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I've got a few weeks to research and make up my mind, but the more I do, the better this S4 is looking.
    skiner5246 likes this.
    05-22-2013 04:05 PM
    If your looking for a good battery try out the note 2 thats what I had before I switched to the s4. the battery would last for a day and a half for me. And I think it is a little more smoother than the s4. The problem with the note 2 for me was that its so big lol it was great for videos but just a hassle sometimes to use one hand. I also didnt use the stylus as much and wanted to try out the s4 new features.
    05-22-2013 04:47 PM