06-18-2014 07:17 AM
149 ... 456
tools
    Well, now that I have a Galaxy S4 I can really say for sure that I don't see any lag!

Maybe the carrier's bloat, or a faulty device?

Mine is with Sprint and most of their bloatware is disable. However, most of the Samsung's features are on.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-10-2013 03:19 PM
    What lag are you guys talking about on the Galaxy S4? I just got mine 2 days ago and its super fast. Fastest phone i've ever had...

It does its little stutter when you have a bunch of apps open just like any other android phone. My Droid Razr Maxx was slower and it had those little stutters too... Every android I've seen has those little bits of lags in certain places...

But The galaxy S4 is still the fastest phone for me.
    08-11-2013 12:06 AM
    its super fast. Fastest phone i've ever had...

It does its little stutter
    That's pretty much all their saying. That, and when compared to the N4 and HTC One, which have little to not stuttering, lag , etc. TouchWiz feels more sluggish. Compared to the Nexus 7 2013 everything is crawling.
    08-11-2013 12:16 AM
    Early on it was reported to be laggy, mostly its TW UI/UX and there are ways to tweak that in the developer settings. But in general its a super fast phone and I think to some degree it just a placebo affect.
    08-11-2013 05:39 PM
    Theres one word for this. "Optimization" while Apple builds an operating system for set hardware, Google creates an operating system for a multitude of different hardware configurations. This is why Apples phones aren't as powerful but will run everything under the sun.
    08-11-2013 07:10 PM
    doesnt android os 4.0 and up devices operate with a single partition like ios iphone?
    08-21-2013 10:52 PM
    doesnt android os 4.0 and up devices operate with a single partition like ios iphone?
    By partion do you mean storage? Yes, i believe so. Except devices that where once gingerbread.

From my Sammy Galaxy S4
    08-22-2013 12:06 AM
    If you compare the iphone5 to S4 perhaps the iphone is faster because the S4 is full of bloats,though I dare you can say the same with the One even with Sense 5 (which has some bloat).
    I trid the iphone5 of my sister and I can easily say it lags slightly more than the One
    08-22-2013 01:27 AM
    Because it isn't developed by manufacturers?

Sent from my GSIII
    08-22-2013 01:32 AM
    See iOS was less graphicaly intense allways. That was up until iOS 7, that i am using right now. The more graphicaly intense interface of the OS made the experience so much more laggy and glitchy.

So Android has moved past this and Apple is moving to trouble with te new OS.
    09-27-2013 04:31 AM
    I hate Apple.
    I hate iphone.
    ** BUT **
    Iphone is smooth
    ** AND **
    My Samsung Galaxy S2 is laggy.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is laggy (tested for about ten minutes in a shop, no other apps installed apart from stock)

The only phone that seems not to be affected by this problem is my son's HTC One...
    How is that? Can't Google fix this?
    11-28-2013 01:57 PM
    I hate Apple.
    I hate iphone.
    ** BUT **
    Iphone is smooth
    ** AND **
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is laggy (tested for about ten minutes in a shop, no other apps installed apart from stock)

The only phone that seems not to be affected by this problem is my son's HTC One...
    I don't remember the start of the thread but did you think the Nexus 5 is laggy? That's not my experience at all...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    11-28-2013 02:08 PM
    I don't remember the start of the thread but did you think the Nexus 5 is laggy? That's not my experience at all...

That's why my son wants to switch to a Nexus 5!

Some questions:
    1) Your previous phones
    2) Were your previous phones laggy?
    3) How many apps (non stock) are installed on your Nexus 5?
    11-28-2013 02:14 PM
    That's why my son wants to switch to a Nexus 5!

Some questions:
    1) Your previous phones
    2) Were your previous phones laggy?
    3) How many apps (non stock) are installed on your Nexus 5?
    My first android was a very inexpensive phone, yes lag and freezes, but I loved it enough to buy another better phone and then my Nexus 5! I have about 13 non-stock apps installed on my n5 so far. :thumbup::beer:

11-28-2013 02:19 PM
    I hate Apple.
    I hate iphone.
    ** BUT **
    Iphone is smooth
    ** AND **

The Nexus 5 us less laggy than the One.
    11-30-2013 11:17 AM
    The Nexus 5 us less laggy than the One.
    Great news! Possible reasons:
    - The Nexus 5 was jointly developed OR designed following specific Google reccomendations (other benefits may be due to KitKat optimizations)
    - Samsung is overcharghing TW with bloat

P.S. - How many apps (non stock) you've got? Possibly include a list of "always on" apps (whatsapp, gmail and every other app that will stay resident, adding phone "efforts")
    11-30-2013 12:15 PM
    P.S. - How many apps (non stock) you've got? Possibly include a list of "always on" apps (whatsapp, gmail and every other app that will stay resident, adding phone "efforts")
    Launcher (Nova prime), hangouts, gmail, taptalk, life 360 (latitude). Sms and call log backup apps, Dropbox and box.Com. Battery widget reborn and team battery bar.
    Rixxardo likes this.
    11-30-2013 03:35 PM
    My original galaxy note was laggy and my galaxy tab 2 is laggy on occasion but my S4 is not laggy.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    12-01-2013 12:34 PM
    uh... IOS does have multitasking.
    06-15-2014 10:59 PM
    I've noticed no lag on my nexus 7, and I've noticed none on my friend's iPod 5g either. Not sure what people mean when they say one's better than the other. They're both fine.
    Hell, my 4 year old 4g touch is pretty smooth after a reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    06-16-2014 06:31 AM
    In my humble opinion perhaps is the fluidity of the OS animations the difference between iOS and Android. I don't see a particular lag other than OS animations at least on my Android devices. That differences between both systems are now barely noticeable with the advances but in Android sometimes the jerky animations persist. I think it is cosmetics that iOS takes care more, other than that I don't see another prime advantage of iOS over Android.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    06-16-2014 08:20 AM
    Same here, We have the IP5 for work and I have a GS4 for my personal phone, both a good phones,i prefer the GS$ as it does what I need as far as file organization does, the IP5 just cant do that. As far as lag goes, I don't see any in my GS4, the only issue I get is an app or two that will crash. I have locked up the IP5 many times.
    06-17-2014 06:02 PM
    After 3 years on a Galaxy S2 I have moved on to a Note 3. Replaced stock launcher with Nova. No lag, no glitches, perfect animations! Great!
    06-18-2014 04:32 AM
    Yep, I've discovered too that Nova mitigates a lot the fluidity problems of TW.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    06-18-2014 07:17 AM
149 ... 456